• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Doping inspector backs Armstrong

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
CentralCaliBike said:
I think it is possible that he did early on, less likely after 1999 - although still possible.

So the dumping of Actovigen, Insulin, plasma bags, and 160 used syringes in the 2001 Tour was just a myth?

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
CentralCaliBike said:
As long as you cannot reach another reasonable conclusion after reviewing all of the evidence (which happens to the criminal law standard in the United States).

There is quite a lot circumstantial evidence pointing towards Armstrong doping.

A

Anonymous

Sprocket01 said:
That sometimes is the case, but the main offender for this type of trolling and insulting behaviour was banned after a conscientious member highlighted one of their grossly offensive posts to the moderators. I predict insults will go down by 90% now.

Hope you didn't put any money down on it...

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
Race Radio said:
His team Chiropractor did.

Of course the dope was for all the other team members, most who have tested positive since. Armstrong did not need to dope because he is special.

You sure do draw lots of conclusions from all this. But you are right, that stuff might have been used for the purpose of cheating to win by Armstrong or other people on the team or wherever else it might have come from.

A

Anonymous

Sprocket01 said:
No I was thinking about ThoughtforFood. I think the forum will clean up now.

Btw the mods know I am not a troll. Time to move on from that line...

The difference between you and I is that I was only given a 2 day sentence. You have been IP banned and still return. You are a sad, sad man.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
scribe said:
You sure do draw lots of conclusions from all this. But you are right, that stuff might have been used for the purpose of cheating to win by Armstrong or other people on the team or wherever else it might have come from.

Of course you should never dismiss the possibility of it being dropped from the sky by space aliens or planted by Nazi frogmen.

A

Anonymous

scribe said:

Nah, I am sure they kept a pet cow or something...

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
Well, if any one of a handful of you had been in charge of certifying his tour wins, this would have been laid to rest many years ago. Maybe we will get Lance next year?

A

Anonymous

scribe said:
Well, if any one of a handful of you had been in charge of certifying his tour wins, this would have been laid to rest many years ago. Maybe we will get Lance next year?

Yea, with Officer Pat is on the case, I am sure he will be doing hard time any year now...

Sprocket01

BANNED
Oct 5, 2009
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
The difference between you and I is that I was only given a 2 day sentence. You have been IP banned and still return. You are a sad, sad man.

I can categorically say, without any shadow of a doubt, that we will never see ThoughtforFood on this forum ever a.....what the? :eek: Doh!

I have never been IP banned. But I certainly would be if I came out with the filth that you did the other night. I trust you've learnt your lesson and will clean up your act now on. If you can do that then it will still be good for the forum.

The mods say I can post as long as I don't have BPC in my name and avoid the baiting from the trolls, so I shouldn't really be talking to you or the other one that calls everyone who disagrees with him a "liar" whenever he can.

Lets start afresh and not get into any silly business from now on. :) The insults and baiting has to end.

A

Anonymous

Sprocket01 said:
I can categorically say, without any shadow of a doubt, that we will never see ThoughtforFood on this forum ever a.....what the? :eek: Doh!

I have never been IP banned. But I certainly would be if I came out with the filth that you did the other night. I trust you've learnt your lesson and will clean up your act now on. If you can do that then it will still be good for the forum.

The mods say I can post as long as I don't have BPC in my name and avoid the baiting from the trolls, so I shouldn't really be talking to you or the other one that calls everyone who disagrees with him a "liar" whenever he can.

Lets start afresh and not get into any silly business from now on. :) The insults and baiting has to end.

faeaf afef aedaf avuda avhjkdvhzc biuzlfxdz ,F ivfz vzddv z fjfhfhfdfh fyey asrf efaei faf ein fifbdiaiugsf fiaeofh fEDF ofid i HGfeeyguhjbcbhkjzhg afblcnd f biao fea feaosid faf afd NO afepa fefaeoieiohaf gaerh rfpeya feb fe oepfra ufafyaye afdafoaupdoi fape fnencanvnz,vz,cnayfayperfyuahfna fapedfiayf afpydaydofe a feoipafe

Nice try though.

Aug 25, 2009
Visit site
Sprocket01 said:
he insults and baiting has to end.

Given what some posters are getting away with, they won't. If the parties one side of an argument don't have to abide by the same rules as others, it's not exactly going to be a first time on an internet forum. You're probably best to just harden up, or move on. It's not worth getting upset over it.

Sprocket01

BANNED
Oct 5, 2009
Visit site
progressor said:
Given what some posters are getting away with, they won't. If the parties one side of an argument don't have to abide by the same rules as others, it's not exactly going to be a first time on an internet forum. You're probably best to just harden up, or move on. It's not worth getting upset over it.

Guys like you and I just play it clean. We don't need an unfair advantage. ;)

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
I Watch Cycling In July said:
I'm not disputing that a lawyer working on a case would have far more information than someone not involved in the case. Nor am I disputing that some lawyers, especially those involved in criminal prosecution, would have a reasonable working knowledge of forensic science.

What I am saying is that lawyers don't always have the ability to interpret scientific information correctly. It's kind of my high-handed dismissive way to write off anything a lawyer says about experts. The parallel with this comment "I work in the legal field and know that experts have no problem in testifying to almost anything for money", which effectively dismisses the opinion of experts, was not accidental.

From my observations a fair number of "scientists" do not seem to have the ability to interpret scientific information correctly either - especially if they are paid enough to be confused.

I do not dismiss the opinion of experts but I want to know if they have anything to gain by what they have to say before I put much weight into their claims - just a result of my contacts with a number of individuals who call themselves scientists. The fact that someone has a degree in a scientific field does not make them immune from personal bias or a desire for monetary gain.

A

Anonymous

Ok Sprocket, Arbiter, British err Ban Pro, errr Un Ban Pro...

You told me in a PM the other day that the forum would never hear from you again. I guess I don't have to express my utter disappointment as it's probably written all over my face :(

Aug 25, 2009
Visit site
Sprocket01 said:
Guys like you and I just play it clean. We don't need an unfair advantage. ;)

Dude, I shouldn't play at all, The temptation just gets to great :eek:

But given this is a pro cycling forum, surely nothing is wrong with an unfair advantage as long as you can get away with it ?
5150fa6e-e69b-48fa-899e-b2b806b3b180

(This forum badly needs more smiley options)