• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Down Under Cancer Council Classic

A

Anonymous

Tough to call, but I'm so damned glad to have cyclists racing against each other again. Allan Davis just tweeted that it's raining, so a lot of the guys might want to stay safe for 30 laps with the Tour Down Under proper not yet started. I think maybe some fearless young Australian with some race miles already in his legs will give it a good go.

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
Browny, i reckon he's still steaming about the bay classic and will come out like a bull rain hail or shine. The others might want to give him a clear berth.......and the race marshalls for that matter!

Henderson to take out the win from Greipel and Hunter.

First time in 4 years that I haven't made the trip across the Tasman to watch the race. But luckily Sky TV here in NZ has live coverage of the classic this year in an hour's time!!

That's 1-nil to Sky in the Sky vs Garmin who'll get the most wins this year. Awesome effort. Hendy said in an interview with roadcycling.co.nz that they'd done a lot of work on theri lead-outs and they did it perfect. The Hendy / Sutton combination is going to win a lot of races!!

Tugboat said:
That's 1-nil to Sky in the Sky vs Garmin who'll get the most wins this year. Awesome effort. Hendy said in an interview with roadcycling.co.nz that they'd done a lot of work on theri lead-outs and they did it perfect. The Hendy / Sutton combination is going to win a lot of races!!

I was impressed. Usually when HTC makes their move, they intimidate (seemingly) the other teams. Team Sky stayed focused and pulled out the "win." I'm looking forward to seeing them on the road this year.

A

Anonymous

Great last couple of laps by Team Sky, well done lads! I think that's also shown HTC their train won't be given a free run-in this season too... hopefully!