• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Dr Ferrari -vs- Lemond

Page 8 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
python said:
i am not surprised at all he jumped into the fray. this is only days after texas himself on the french tele hinted at the same. cn reported it i think. great coordination baby.

funny im trying to catch up with the thread and so far no one mentioned the previously known but somehow forgotten facts

(I) ferrari's exoneration was based on some application of italian stature of limitation. yes it is a fact the eraced citizen conveniently forgot.
(ii) if the good doctor was just a coach why did armstrong officially severed contacts with him and why some teams forbade their riders any contacts with il dottore.

The reason I am surprised is that he just put his current money flow at risk. After that little gem stating that he is still working with clients, you know that some journalist is going to dig to try and find the names. So he was willing to risk his present and future to defend himself against a LeMond blog - yep it shows that they are seriously worried now.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
this_is_edie said:
The reason I am surprised is that he just put his current money flow at risk. After that little gem stating that he is still working with clients, you know that some journalist is going to dig to try and find the names. So he was willing to risk his present and future to defend himself against a LeMond blog - yep it shows that they are seriously worried now.

Hopefully the authorities will do a little digging as well and discover that quack Ferrari is still up to his eyes in it and this time he gets hung for it.

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
zarathustra said:
Yes, you remember correct. Ferrari wrote articles for cn some years ago. And I remember a sycophantic interview from Tim Maloney with Ferrari (ca. 5 years ago). Maloney is wannabe-journalist who obviously got overexcited about the fact that big guys like Ferrari talked to him and wrote for the cn-website.
To reciprocate the favor Maloney absolutely lied in his article about the Italian appeals court decision in 2006. Ferrari only was saved by the statute of limitations. The court decision clearly states that Simeoni is a credible witness and there was no doubt that Ferrari gave the riders programs for training and doping (exact orders about when take which doping substance).

This can be found at page 27 of the court papers of Ferrari's trial. I have it on my hard disk. Bad luck for those liars who hoped that the document is no longer available in the web and so they can tell lies about the content.
thank you, zarathustra for validating my vanishing memory.

would you be in a position to place the relevant court papers on the web ?

it appears you are fluent in italian and quite informed about ferrari, would you by chance point us to the link in la repubblica where the relevant information was posted ?

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I still cannot understand why CN published it? Seems unfair. LeMond published an article on his blog and yet Ferrari gets his reply on here?

And no mention of who Ferrari is or was and what his connection to cycling is. His court case was long time ago and the fact that he got off on a technicality which is not uncommon in Italy and the Judges summing up stating that Ferrari was guilty( indirect quote), but due to the law got off.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
zarathustra said:
Yes, you remember correct. Ferrari wrote articles for cn some years ago. And I remember a sycophantic interview from Tim Maloney with Ferrari (ca. 5 years ago). Maloney is wannabe-journalist who obviously got overexcited about the fact that big guys like Ferrari talked to him and wrote for the cn-website.
To reciprocate the favor Maloney absolutely lied in his article about the Italian appeals court decision in 2006. Ferrari only was saved by the statute of limitations. The court decision clearly states that Simeoni is a credible witness and there was no doubt that Ferrari gave the riders programs for training and doping (exact orders about when take which doping substance).

This can be found at page 27 of the court papers of Ferrari's trial. I have it on my hard disk. Bad luck for those liars who hoped that the document is no longer available in the web and so they can tell lies about the content.

python said:
thank you, zarathustra for validating my vanishing memory.

would you be in a position to place the relevant court papers on the web ?

it appears you are fluent in italian and quite informed about ferrari, would you by chance point us to the link in la repubblica where the relevant information was posted ?

+1

Perhaps you can upload it on Scribd?

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
I still cannot understand why CN published it? Seems unfair. LeMond published an article on his blog and yet Ferrari gets his reply on here?

And no mention of who Ferrari is or was and what his connection to cycling is. His court case was long time ago and the fact that he got off on a technicality which is not uncommon in Italy and the Judges summing up stating that Ferrari was guilty( indirect quote), but due to the law got off.

CN not only included some reference to who and what Ferrari is they did it this time for back round on something that Lemond said. Now another person who instead of dismissing everything a stupid and super corrupt court system does you pick and choose. They said he was innocent,therefore he is innocent. Why it would be unfair for Dr. Frankenstein to rebut Lemond is also strange. CN has stuff from both guys and usually has a positive slant when it comes to Greg. Ferrari has made people win and loose including his own daughter..if you don't know his connection to cycling you must not have been watching or reading anything about it for 20 years. Make sure you ring Berlisconi and tell him the courts are ruined and he should drop everything and get them repaired asap

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
zarathustra said:

Maloney had no problems staying on Lance's good side with questions like this:

CN: How does it feel to be the target of the sensationalist European tabloid newspapers who are looking to create a scandal around your relationship with Dr Michele Ferrari?

http://autobus.cyclingnews.com/features/racy_language/?id=lancearmstrong021

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
So here we are. If you go and look at the facts, if you talk about the sensationalist, the Danish people, a particular Irish person; they follow me around, they know what hotel I stay in. It is a little funny. The article (on Armstong's relationship with Michele Ferrari published in October 2001 in Ekstrabladet) basically told me that Lance Armstrong likes to stay in nice hotels, which is true! Don't we all? But there wasn't much there and the cycling media in the (TdF) pressroom recognized that. To say "I have a mole who was in Motorola", a rider who said this or that, well it boils down to three people: me, Frankie Andreu and Sean Yates. I don't think so.

:rolleyes:

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
zarathustra said:
Here it is on Scribd. AppelloFerrari06

As I said earlier in page 27 is a clear statement by the judge (coloured in green). Ferrari cannot regarded as innocent. It is proven that Ferrari was involved in the doping of the riders.

thanks, zarathustra. you just performed a very valuable service for the internet community.

we now need someone to translate it into english to have all the misinformation
swept away once and for ever.

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
python said:
thanks, zarathustra. you just performed a very valuable service for the internet community.

we now need someone to translate it into english to have all the misinformation
swept away once and for ever.

If someone does that work then it shouldn`t be read only by a few readers in this forum. How about cyclingnews publishing an article ? Susan Westemeyer could arrange it if they are interested. I think Maloney is gone and cn should begin to correct Maloney`s lies.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
fatandfast said:
CN not only included some reference to who and what Ferrari is they did it this time for back round on something that Lemond said. Now another person who instead of dismissing everything a stupid and super corrupt court system does you pick and choose. They said he was innocent,therefore he is innocent. Why it would be unfair for Dr. Frankenstein to rebut Lemond is also strange. CN has stuff from both guys and usually has a positive slant when it comes to Greg. Ferrari has made people win and loose including his own daughter..if you don't know his connection to cycling you must not have been watching or reading anything about it for 20 years. Make sure you ring Berlisconi and tell him the courts are ruined and he should drop everything and get them repaired asap

My bad. I take it back! CN forgive me my grave error. i stand corrected.

Berlusconi is doing his best to prolong all the trials against him and change the law so he can get off scot free as he want the prime minister of Italy to be absolved of any crimes....:mad:

Barrus

BANNED
Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
zarathustra said:
Here it is on Scribd. AppelloFerrari06

As I said earlier in page 27 is a clear statement by the judge (coloured in green). Ferrari cannot regarded as innocent. It is proven that Ferrari was involved in the doping of the riders.

Do you perhaps have any knowledge of whether this document has been digitalized by the Italian justice department as well? That would make it a lot easier to possibly translate

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Barrus said:
Do you perhaps have any knowledge of whether this document has been digitalized by the Italian justice department as well? That would make it a lot easier to possibly translate

I don´t know about a digitalized version. I doubt that one exists.