• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Dutch commentary

The NOS commentary is just saddening to listen to, just as shows like de Avondetappe. They just kept saying that today was the proof that human measures where back in the peleton and that people shouldn't doubt achievements like these. They seem to be have missed that Froome's performance was right on the level of Verbier 2009, while they say that they don't trust Contador past performances.

It makes me want to puke

Aug 27, 2011
Visit site
I know! Woke up turned on my Tv and there were some idiots sitting with Idiot Lance Armstrong fanboy Mart Smeets. :eek:

They were talking like dumb idiots. How happy they were that now the ones that win the tour are clean riders. :eek: Never mentioning how can it be that Froome is as fast, nearly (only 15/17 seconds!) as fast as 2 dopers. No it is again total adoration and alas so many Dutch people will think it is true. Will they never learn?

I've been watching the tour from 1995. In 1999 I clapped my hands for Lance Armstrong but in 2000 I started to see how he really was a very unpleasant man and I kept on saying they were doping while fanboys called me crazy. Yesterday it felt to me US Postal was back.

Not sure if I can keep on watching this farce. I had so high hopes after Armstrong was finally caught. (When will I ever learn? :rolleyes::D )

That guy Tim Krabbe was even worse :eek:

Well, they did mention it was the 3rd fastest ascent of A3D, but when that other journalist who whorked in Spain said he had doubts, Krabbe got angry because he didn't have any proof. That's the whole point :rolleyes:

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Walsh kicking Dutch apologist asses:
http://nos.nl/video/525255-walsh-slaat-terug-in-avondetappe.html
That night i was particularly embarrassed to be Dutch, though indeed Krabbé the next night, or Wagendorp the night before, were even worse than Edwin Winkels.

Walsh did impress me in that interview, by the way.
He is the Real Thang. A true pitty Sky paid him off, but I don't think I blame Walsh. That interview on Dutch television really goes to show once more why you don't want to be the guy going after the truth in a world full of morons.

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
sniper said:
That night i was particularly embarrassed to be Dutch, though indeed Krabbé the next night, or Wagendorp the night before, were even worse than Edwin Winkels.

He is the Real Thang. A true pitty Sky paid him off, but I don't think I blame Walsh. That interview on Dutch television really goes to show once more why you don't want to be the guy going after the truth in a world full of morons.

Hey.. you live. :D

Yea it was pretty embarassing. I feel some things got lost in translation though.

Jul 8, 2009
Visit site
Red Rick said:
The NOS commentary is just saddening to listen to, just as shows like de Avondetappe. They just kept saying that today was the proof that human measures where back in the peleton and that people shouldn't doubt achievements like these. They seem to be have missed that Froome's performance was right on the level of Verbier 2009, while they say that they don't trust Contador past performances.

It makes me want to puke

Funny how fuzzy-logic works...cycling needs a hero...humans in general need a hero...anything plebeian just doesn't inspire now does it? ;)

They got Armstrong but they also got something else, the measuring stick for doped performances in the future. His name will live on in Tour infamy because every time someone goes up a Col in a time comparable to his, the questions and suspicions will return to the fore.

That is the thing that drives supporters of Sky bonkers, that there is a doping standard and they choose to ignore it because it conflicts with them. Fans of Armstrong were in the exact same place when he was winning. I defended Armstrong for quite some time...when Lemond came along, I wished him gone...but he was right and once I started perusing the data from past tours, it became quite clear that something was amiss. After the 2009 tour it all made sense.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Havetts said:
Hey.. you live. :D
sort of :D

Havetts said:
Yea it was pretty embarassing. I feel some things got lost in translation though.

I see what you mean, but remember the part where Edwin Winkels claimed he was in the game longer than Walsh? That was no translation error.

I can't bear to watch any of that anymore.
And Boogerd on Eurosport is supposed to be an option at all? I rode against him a couple times (I was the clean one of us two), and just puke of the thought of him and how he conducted himself the past years leading up to his inevitable doping admission. Needlessly often in the spotlights, singing the clean cycling anthem featuring himself as Mr. Clean.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
l.Harm said:
That guy Tim Krabbe was even worse :eek:

Well, they did mention it was the 3rd fastest ascent of A3D, but when that other journalist who whorked in Spain said he had doubts, Krabbe got angry because he didn't have any proof. That's the whole point :rolleyes:
that is the tension between journalism and the law.

the tighter it is, the closer you move to state control.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Cloxxki said:
I can't bear to watch any of that anymore.
And Boogerd on Eurosport is supposed to be an option at all? I rode against him a couple times (I was the clean one of us two), and just puke of the thought of him and how he conducted himself the past years leading up to his inevitable doping admission. Needlessly often in the spotlights, singing the clean cycling anthem featuring himself as Mr. Clean.
he has the funny paunch, or is it a hgh gut?

this pic is not in profile. so you don't get a good look. and it is more fat and loose sking, not the hgh gut where you can have abs but the distended gut
boogerdvakantie.jpg

sniper said:

I am going to tweet zam, sniper is back :D