• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Dutch Food Valley Classic (1.HC)

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
Reverend_T_Preedy said:
In case anyone's interested, Edvald Boasson Hagen (Sky) won the Dutch Food Valley Classic today from Kenny van Hummel (Skil) and Stefan van Dijk (Willems Verandas).

THX I couldn't find a ticker.

Feb 12, 2010
Visit site
joy118118 said:
will EBH take part in Eneco this year?

Nice to see he finally win something.

Just checked Team Sky's website and yes he will do the Eneco Tour alongside Kurt-Asle Arvesen, Michael Barry, Mathew Hayman, Greg Henderson, Chris Sutton, Geraint Thomas and Bradley Wiggins. Pretty stong team that.

May 15, 2009
Visit site
Reverend_T_Preedy said:
Just checked Team Sky's website and yes he will do the Eneco Tour alongside Kurt-Asle Arvesen, Michael Barry, Mathew Hayman, Greg Henderson, Chris Sutton, Geraint Thomas and Bradley Wiggins. Pretty stong team that.

considering their perfect lead out always failing 200m away from the line, it is a question what results EBH will get in Eneco Tour.
:D

Feb 12, 2010
Visit site
joy118118 said:
considering their perfect lead out always failing 200m away from the line, it is a question what results EBH will get in Eneco Tour.
:D

Too true. If they can't get a lead out right with that team then they might as well give up.

Also, with EBH, Henderson, Wiggins and Thomas in the team they should win the race given the reliance on time trials.

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
joy118118 said:
will EBH take part in Eneco this year?

Nice to see he finally win something.

He's had a very good season when healthy.

Tour of Qatar - 1st stage one (TTT)

Tour of Oman - 1st stage three, 1st stage six (ITT), 2nd stage one, 3rd stage two, 2nd overall, 1st overall points classification, 1st overall young riders classification

Omloop Het Nieuwsblad - 6th

Tirreno-Adriatico - 1st stage seven

*Injured*

Critérium du Dauphiné Libéré - 1st stage seven, 3rd stage 3 (ITT)

Tour de France - 3rd stage four, 3rd stage five, an additional 4 top ten finishes, 6th general points classification

Dutch Food Valley Classic - 1st

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Kwibus said:
Dutch races are all named after the sponsors unfortunately. It kill the classic feeling of a course imo.
Amstel Gold Race = beer
Eneco Tour = Energy provider

etc Silly names.

Agree, but I do look the name of the Amstel Gold Race. **** bear though. :)

All other Dutch races have silly names lol. I just can't see this race being any good with that name lol.

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Kwibus said:
Dutch races are all named after the sponsors unfortunately. It kill the classic feeling of a course imo.
Amstel Gold Race = beer
Eneco Tour = Energy provider

etc Silly names.

I like Amstel Gold Race...! sounds good tho...!

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
19042009212.jpg

Jul 30, 2009
Visit site
I never heard of this race but 1.HC means it is pretty big. Like omloop or E3.

Has it changed its name?

(no offense I dont expect people to have heared of Tour of Britain etc)

Winterfold said:
I never heard of this race but 1.HC means it is pretty big. Like omloop or E3.

Has it changed its name?

(no offense I dont expect people to have heared of Tour of Britain etc)
Yes, it used to be Veenendaal-Veenendaal. Let's hope the organizers come to their senses and rename it.

Dutch Food Valley... I didn't even know we had a food valley. Then again, the marketing ploy has worked: now I do know.

TRENDING THREADS