• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Dylan Casey

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
BotanyBay said:

It will be interesting to see what happens.

However, it would be better if two polls had been done, one relating to solely to the hatred of LA and then a control - one exactly the same but with 'Lance Armstrong' replaced with, for example 'Mark Cavendish'. If they were treated differently, then you could actually be on to something. If not, then it's just standard Google policy.

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
elizab said:
Frankie nor I have ever been married to anyone else nor have we ever divorced each other to some people's dismay ("I don't know what he sees in her"). Very weird indeed.

Thanks Betsy. I'm not charging that Google (or "someone" at Google...wink) is manipulating search results or search suggestions. But I think it is HIGHLY curious that some of Lance's enemies' names have such a coincidental association with the word "divorce" in Google's search suggestions.

My opinion: There is manipulation afoot. Either from inside or the outside.

Hey Lance, I guess the word "attention-*****-scheming-beotch" or "vengeful bike racing widow" would have been a tad-bit obvious, eh?

I've actually noticed the divorce term more than a few times. I never paid it any mind until Bikezilla and learning that Casey works at Google. Now I'm paying it some mind. And really, so should Google. It matters.

Call me crazy. Call me desperate for attention. I don't care. I've been called worse.

images

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
BotanyBay said:
I've actually noticed the divorce term more than a few times. I never paid it any mind until Bikezilla and learning that Casey works at Google. Now I'm paying it some mind. And really, so should Google. It matters.

I had noticed the Floyd "divorce" thing for quite some time too. For a long time, I would routinely do a daily "news" search on Google with Floyd's name (I didn't do one the morning the story broke about his admission. I saw that on ESPN. Go figure. :eek:)

And here's what furthered raised my suspicions: I had heard very vague references to Floyd getting divorced but could not find any confirmation of it. I'm somehow doubt that very many other people were looking for this info, so my searches alone wouldn't account for the Google placement. But the bigger point is that even when looking for that specific info, I came up with nothing! So why would it the term "divorce" be so highly placed if there weren't actually any articles to found?

(Yes, I have followed Floyd's adventures very closely. It entertains me. As does he :D )

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
Granville57 said:
I had noticed the Floyd "divorce" thing for quite some time too. For a long time, I would routinely do a daily "news" search on Google with Floyd's name (I didn't do one the morning the story broke about his admission. I saw that on ESPN. Go figure. :eek:)

And here's what furthered raised my suspicions: I had heard very vague references to Floyd getting divorced but could not find any confirmation of it. I'm somehow doubt that very many other people were looking for this info, so my searches alone wouldn't account for the Google placement. But the bigger point is that even when looking for that specific info, I came up with nothing! So why would it the term "divorce" be so highly placed if there weren't actually any articles to found?

(Yes, I have followed Floyd's adventures very closely. It entertains me. As does he :D )

I've read precisely two published articles that mention or allude to his divorce. One mentions it directly, and the other made mention of his ex having been left with the Murietta McMansion that she's having trouble selling. They were by no means a main focus of the article. Other people make mention of his BEING divorced and having lost his marriage, etc. But no way those warrant Google search suggestions.

May 14, 2010
Visit site
But in all seriousness, the more I see of this the scarier and more disgusting it becomes. As big and powerful and trusted as they are, if Google is a) that corrupt, or b) that easy to compromise, either from within or from without, based on some agenda; then we are all in trouble.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Maxiton said:
But in all seriousness, the more I see of this the scarier and more disgusting it becomes. As big and powerful and trusted as they are, if Google is a) that corrupt, or b) that easy to compromise, either from within or from without, based on some agenda; then we are all in trouble.

we are in trouble.

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
hope this thread is not going to die just yet....

is anyone conducting any experiments?

Yes, one of the guys is setting a test up. We're on it. It should be a fun test.

And curiously, the blogger in question (Bikezilla) reports that Google.com and Googlebot.com both stopped showing-up on Friday. But he did some more checking and found that yes, he is being monitored by someone at Google... they're just "cloaking" themselves. Even more interesting.

Once a peeping-tom is known to exist, even retreating is noticed.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
BotanyBay said:
Yes, one of the guys is setting a test up. We're on it. It should be a fun test.

And curiously, the blogger in question (Bikezilla) reports that Google.com and Googlebot.com both stopped showing-up on Friday. But he did some more checking and found that yes, he is being monitored by someone at Google... they're just "cloaking" themselves. Even more interesting.

this is scary stuff that they have this power and use it for such trivia. :(

glad wikileaks are around and we need more of it.

i wonder if a little email to them would get them working on it.

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
this is scary stuff that they have this power and use it for such trivia. :(

glad wikileaks are around and we need more of it.

i wonder if a little email to them would get them working on it.

I doubt it goes as high as being a "them" thing. I think it probably ends with an individual who has a hard-on for Lance and the access to do such things. And I'd be willing to bet that this person is probably reading this thread by now.

And to your last wondering. Yes, I also wonder if... Time will tell just how security-conscious the leadership at Google is.

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
BotanyBay said:

Is it just me or is anyone else sure what the outcome will be ? :rolleyes:
You and your sect should accept that you are making things up and that not everyone cares about things you care about, or that you are the typical average guy.
Main point is, that no one really cares about you and some tiny blogwarriors.

Not everyone wakes up and starts googling,twitting and blogging whole day about Armstrong and Landis even before he had a p*** or coffee. Not even a fanboy like me.
I hope no one really believes that your view is not focused and that you do not only post observations that speak pro your conspiracy theory.
I own 2 big big books about google. You want to have them ?

Couriosly there are many admins, bloggers and networkers who still don't know how to handle google. Or how it handles them. :)

But a fact that you will have to accept is that no one really cares about Lance Armstrong, Floyd Landis or any other cyclist or cycling.

And hey, strange thing is, when I enter Floyd Landis I never ever saw the word divorced in any result - of any cyclist.
Another strange thing was when I entered "Lance Armstrong SI" on that day, I were directly linked to the article on SI page. First searchresult. Strange...

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
Cobblestoned said:
Is it just me or is anyone else sure what the outcome will be ? :rolleyes:
You and your sect should accept that you are making things up and that not everyone cares about things you care about, or that you are the typical average guy.
Main point is, that no one really cares about you and some tiny blogwarriors.

Not everyone wakes up and starts googling,twitting and blogging whole day about Armstrong and Landis even before he had a p*** or coffee. Not even a fanboy like me.
I hope no one really believes that your view is not focused and that you do not only post observations that speak pro your conspiracy theory.
I own 2 big big books about google. You want to have them ?

Couriosly there are many admins, bloggers and networkers who still don't know how to handle google. Or how it handles them. :)

But a fact that you will have to accept is that no one really cares about Lance Armstrong, Floyd Landis or any other cyclist or cycling.

And hey, strange thing is, when I enter Floyd Landis I never ever saw the word divorced in any result - of any cyclist.
Another strange thing was when I entered "Lance Armstrong SI" on that day, I were directly linked to the article on SI page. First searchresult. Strange...

Someone at Google cares enough to try and control traffic to places that store lesser-known facts about Armstrong. For example the (not well publicized) story about Lance and his crew abandoning Contador at the hotel the day of the last TT at the TDF.

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
BotanyBay said:
Someone at Google cares enough to try and control traffic to places that store lesser-known facts about Armstrong. For example the (not well publicized) story about Lance and his crew abandoning Contador at the hotel the day of the last TT at the TDF.

dude :rolleyes: , everyone knows this story because journalist throw themselfes on these things like hyenas.
It appeared everywhere where it should appear and where people care about it.
DEFINITELY not enough to make it to the frontpage on "BILD".
On cycling-newspages, perhaps some general sportspages.
People who care get it served from there. People make bookmarks and have thousands of sources.

Or do/did you get the news by googling "when did Alberto leave hotel" ,"did Alberto ever leave the hotel", "did Lance care about Contador at the hotel", "are there enough cars so that Alberto makes it to the TT in time".

Who really cares about the things you care about now ?
You seem to have too much time.
You now want that people know about Contadors hotelstory and other things if they look for news about Armstrong ?
You doubt that people get the news they should get and want to get ?
Did I get you right ? :D

BTW, your example is a Contador story - not a Lance story.

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Womd

On a similar vein... I recall many moons ago that WOMD and GW were closely aligned;).

Email suggested to user: "In Google search, type in 'WOMD' or 'weapons of mass destruction' then hit return."

The result directed you to the Office of POTUS.

Now that was yonks ago...so one can only guess at the sophistication of "Search engine" manipulation these days.;)

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
Cobblestoned said:
dude :rolleyes: , etc.....

You are a parasite. You do not kill your own food. You do not offer any ideas on how to get food. You merely circle and point out the errors in the hunting techniques of others. And you are quick to eat anything they leave behind.

Go get some game of your own sometime. You've got none of your own.

Cobblestoned said:
You seem to have too much time.

Too much time compared to what? To someone who never posts any original content nor offers any contribution to the furthering of the dialog, but manages, in spite of his self-professed level of apathy, to compose lengthy criticisms of posts and forum members that he professes to care little about?

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
BotanyBay said:

Search for Contador Hotel and, unsurprisingly, most of the top hits are about Contador eating beef at his hotel.

Search for Contador Hotel 2009 and the top hit is an interview where Contador mentions the incident (on Steephill.tv).

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
PotentialPro said:
The tweet feed on the right column of NY Velocity was reporting today they fell off of google, and were having troubles being found.

Search for Landis Kimmage Interview and it's the second hit, after a news story about the interview.

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Thing is you should have to. "Landis kimmage" should bring up the article. Its been linked to hell directly today and should bring up the interview above anything else.

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
BotanyBay said:
You are a parasite. You do not kill your own food. You do not offer any ideas on how to get food. You merely circle and point out the errors in the hunting techniques of others. And you are quick to eat anything they leave behind.

Go get some game of your own sometime. You've got none of your own.

Parasites are an important link to the food chain, btw.

Anyway, you got the story wrong. But I think you were not yet here when I pointed out which animal I actually am.

I am right up here, watching the hyenas wasting their time with some cadavers and watching them how they wait for the pride lion-king to fall while besmirching his territory. The lion and me never had any problems and we had a good time.
See, hyenas can't climb.
If they wait for me down on the ground with their gang - I have more time than them and have a good supply or I can eat some birds up here.

But if I want to and if there are not too much of them, i go down and get one of them if they don't run too fast, so that I would waste energy.
I don't eat them because they taste awful.
Just for fun and because I don't like their ordinariness and yellowness.
Sometimes their whining disturbs my sleep or they are ruining my nice view over the landscape.

leopard%20in%20tree.jpg

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
euanli said:
Thing is you should have to. "Landis kimmage" should bring up the article. Its been linked to hell directly today and should bring up the interview above anything else.

It turns out, that gets you the same result. I over-searched.

TRENDING THREADS