• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Dylan Casey

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
Cobblestoned said:
leopard%20in%20tree.jpg

The team sponsor regrets his night out with Schleck and O'Grady

Mambo95 said:
Search for Contador Hotel and, unsurprisingly, most of the top hits are about Contador eating beef at his hotel.

Search for Contador Hotel 2009 and the top hit is an interview where Contador mentions the incident (on Steephill.tv).
Thanks, hadn't heard that story, looks like LA tried to force Bertie into a Pedrito 1989!

Feb 21, 2010
Visit site
Cobblestoned said:
Parasites are an important link to the food chain, btw.

Anyway, you got the story wrong. But I think you were not yet here when I pointed out which animal I actually am.

I am right up here, watching the hyenas wasting their time with some cadavers and watching them how they wait for the pride lion-king to fall while besmirching his territory. The lion and me never had any problems and we had a good time.
See, hyenas can't climb.
If they wait for me down on the ground with their gang - I have more time than them and have a good supply or I can eat some birds up here.

But if I want to and if there are not too much of them, i go down and get one of them if they don't run too fast, so that I would waste energy.
I don't eat them because they taste awful.
Just for fun and because I don't like their ordinariness and yellowness.
Sometimes their whining disturbs my sleep or they are ruining my nice view over the landscape.

leopard%20in%20tree.jpg

A parasite where mutualism is involved, can be important in that there is a reciprocating contribution between the parasite and host, a natural quid-pro-quo, though the host is devoid any choice in the matter. From what I observe of your parasitic behavior, you fall under the kleptoparasite class, whereby you "take" but don't contribute.

What you do "give" is not necessarily wanted. What you take, you rarely use in any fashion that could be considered useful or for any common good.

If your forum demeanor is any indicator of your real-world behavior, I imagine you as an somewhat sad and lonely individual who has "taken" much and yield little in whatever version of a social circle you might frequent. In fact, it might be possible that your socialization has turned inward on such a descending radius that this place is where your limited socialization now occurs. And most here can view your behavior through a similar lens.

Enjoy your evening.

BotanyBay said:
I've read precisely two published articles that mention or allude to his divorce. One mentions it directly, and the other made mention of his ex having been left with the Murietta McMansion that she's having trouble selling. They were by no means a main focus of the article. Other people make mention of his BEING divorced and having lost his marriage, etc. But no way those warrant Google search suggestions.

First time poster here, so be gentle if this has already mentioned. Unlike the search results which are compiled and ranked based on page content, the auto-complete in the search box, is also based on what other people have typed. There may be only two results for a search, but if a million people search for it, it's going to be suggested.

You can use Google's Adwords Keyword Tool to see how often certain combinations are searched.

https://adwords.google.com/o/Target...000&ideaRequestType=KEYWORD_IDEAS#search.none

I noticed Divorce actually was frequently searched in conjunction with FL. It was searched more often than Doping, but the absolute number of searches was quite low, about 1600 a month at its peak.
It occurred to me that that number of searches wouldn't be that hard to generate and that a clever PR company could effectively spam the autosuggest by generating lots of searches for a combination they want to seed.

Virtually all the Divorce searches came from North America. That makes some sense, but it also made me wonder if someone with an Adwords account could see more geographic details and see that they whether they were predominantly coming from Austin Texas.

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Orvieto said:
First time poster here...

Good post. Thanks for that info.
I have to wonder if "divorce" searches were done simply because that's what came up in the menu? You put Floyd's name in; the "D" word drops down; and you think, 'Huh, there must be some stories about.' So does it then become self-fulflling? Searches based on "suggestion"?

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
Orvieto said:
First time poster here, so be gentle if this has already mentioned. Unlike the search results which are compiled and ranked based on page content, the auto-complete in the search box, is also based on what other people have typed. There may be only two results for a search, but if a million people search for it, it's going to be suggested.

You can use Google's Adwords Keyword Tool to see how often certain combinations are searched.

https://adwords.google.com/o/Target...000&ideaRequestType=KEYWORD_IDEAS#search.none

I noticed Divorce actually was frequently searched in conjunction with FL. It was searched more often than Doping, but the absolute number of searches was quite low, about 1600 a month at its peak.
It occurred to me that that number of searches wouldn't be that hard to generate and that a clever PR company could effectively spam the autosuggest by generating lots of searches for a combination they want to seed.

Virtually all the Divorce searches came from North America. That makes some sense, but it also made me wonder if someone with an Adwords account could see more geographic details and see that they whether they were predominantly coming from Austin Texas.

Thank you. I have had a hard time believing or trusting any of Google's supposed "measurement" tools such as the one you linked to. Google trends is also virtually useless, because it shows very little context and does not allow the user to drill-down into the more useful areas you mention. I think Goggle likes to keep the real data a secret, and throws these little bones to the community to placate them and allow them to think that they're empowered with some kind of information.

I do not think the idea that a motivated individual could manipulate results is out of the realm of possibility. But I'm not really convinced that this is what's happening here.

Here's an example of why I think these tools are BS. "Betsy Andreu Divorce" registers a mention (140), yet "Betsy Andreu Testimony" registers zero. Then I entered my own name (I'm a regular schmo, with a very unique name, and there is no particular reason for people to be googling me). My name alone -vs- Betsy's name alone, registered within 10% as many searches as hers. In short, I just can't come to trust Google's simpleton data. They have no credibility with me.

I encourage any of you to run the same experiments using the adwords link supplied by Orvieto. Pick what you might think is a semi-popular search and then compare it to something you think might be significantly more obscure. And you'll prolly see what I mean.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
i have just discovered the inbox on my gmail empty! strange as i didn't delete it.

It was the account for which i commented on the bikezilla blog about google and i see all the comments on bikezilla are missing!!!!

the plot thickens.

i emailed google and am awaiting a reply.

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
i have just discovered the inbox on my gmail empty! strange as i didn't delete it.

It was the account for which i commented on the bikezilla blog about google and i see all the comments on bikezilla are missing!!!!

the plot thickens.

i emailed google and am awaiting a reply.

This is for ANYONE who thinks their email may have been hacked. If you have Gmail, there is a simple way (that few know about) to tell if someone has been breaking into your account from another location. Look at the image below. This shows you where on the Gmail interface to click. If you log-on to gmail from the same place each day, then the IP address SHOULD pretty much be the same. If someone in another location is logging into your account, it will stand-out like a sore thumb and be obvious.

33o7kn8.jpg

Which leads to a screen that looks like this:
2yuiw5v.jpg

If you end up seeing something fishy, feel free to PM me and I'll help you pinpoint who is doing it.

For those of you who suspect you're being email hacked, Gmail is actually the service to use, as few other net-based email services allow you to see this info.

-Bb

May 26, 2010
Visit site
BotanyBay said:
This is for ANYONE who thinks their email may have been hacked. If you have Gmail, there is a simple way (that few know about) to tell if someone has been breaking into your account from another location. Look at the image below. This shows you where on the Gmail interface to click. If you log-on to gmail from the same place each day, then the IP address SHOULD pretty much be the same. If someone in another location is logging into your account, it will stand-out like a sore thumb and be obvious.

33o7kn8.jpg

If you end up seeing something fishy, feel free to PM me and I'll help you pinpoint who is doing it.

For those of you who suspect you're being email hacked, Gmail is actually the service to use, as few other net-based email services allow you to see this info.

-Bb

cheers BB :)