• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

E3 Harelbeke, 28 March, 2014 (1.WT)

Page 21 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 4, 2013
Visit site
Thomas and the Steppers - thought for sure they would find a way to trick Sagan but...

Sagan = high spirited awesomeness . Loved it.:D

Cant wait for GW!

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Boonen hurt today, Cavendish sick, Sagan dominant; he's got to be favorite at Gent-Wevelgem, though Greipel, Kristoff and Degenkolb might be able to make the finish line there. Should be a close one.

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
Got this one wrong today.

Well done to Sagan - his big win of the season? All the hype but is he ever going to win really big?

Well done to Terpstra - 1st on Wednesday. 2nd Today

Thomas going to ride for Wiggo in Roubaix? LOL

Awesome Cancellara

Lots of anti Boonen comments on here - suspected broken thumb, personal family tragedy, two teammates up the road and no need to chase - but he still finished with spartacus. Tommeke is not finished yet.

Roll on GW - who's going to ride after today?

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Great race and a worthy winner. 2 points that irritated me a little, though to be fair one of them kind of made the race which was the Cancellara crash and then chase. I doubt it would have changed anything, but on the Tiegemberg, after already having taken a bottle from OPQS he took two more sticky bottles which he obviously didn't need. It did 3 things, increased the pace of the 4, making it harder for the group behind to catch up. It accelerated Sagan and the group making it near impossible to attack, and lastly the car blocked the road which provided shelter for the 3 behind and allowed them to accelerate but also blocked the road.
Didn't look too severe but when you're on the edge, it may have just taken the edge off any potential attacks.

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
tomorrow said:

Lol nice :D

As for the race
I saw last 25k and it was really entertaining.Man,Vandebergh and Cancellara are beasts:eek:.Great work by G,i am surprised,Sagan looks to have more experience than last year,very smart race.Terpstra a bit tired but still super good.I hope he is not peaking too early ;-)
Vanmarcke,Paolini and Stybar looks decent,Degenkolb also,favourite for Sunday.
Will be an interesting race.Hope it wont be a bunch sprint, but doubt it with this nice weather:)

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
trevim said:
It's a pity that Vandenbergh doesn't have a winning move. He's a bit like Stannard, his only hope would be to sprint against GvA :D

True,thats why Styby is gonna be no2 at monuments.And like i said before,i hope Nikki can maintain his form.;)

Wonder if Kristoff and Greipel will be in the mix.

Apr 12, 2009
Visit site
trevim said:
It's a pity that Vandenbergh doesn't have a winning move. He's a bit like Stannard, his only hope would be to sprint against GvA :D
Honestly, Vandenbergh=Stannard=Van Summeren
That last one really got the most of his career possible, but it was still well deserved.
I can only hope the other two (Stannard is on the good way) to go that road too...

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
Buffalo Soldier said:
Honestly, Vandenbergh=Stannard=Van Summeren
That last one really got the most of his career possible, but it was still well deserved.

well.. Stannard got his win because he was incredibly strong that day. Vansummeren's main strength was having a teammate who happens to be an incredibly efficient wheelsucker on cobbles. he is a decent rider, no doubt, but that's not how id define "well-deserved".

doperhopper said:
Thomas lost his race after dropping Sagan on Oude Kwaaremont and not going full *** with 31k to go in a group of 5... so S. came back.

Actually Thomas did go full *** but Sagan managed to get back. I was slightly surprised that Terpstra didn't help at that point because if they'd worked together they might have stayed away from Sagan.

After watching again the race from the last 60k-and not to demerit Sagan's well earned victory, I have to say that If Cancellara had not been held by that nasty crash, He well could have won it without a problem- The insane & massive work he did to get back to the closets chasing group was really impressive-but sadly for him, nobody was going to help him out to bridge that gap at all....

bottom line:The RVV will be spectacular this year :)