• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Edvald Boasson Hagen gets go ahead for TDF

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Speaking on Thursday morning, a few hours before the team presentation at the Tour, he said: "I've never been feeling sick, I just had a bit of a rash on my back but that's gone now and I feel just as good as I did before.

"The doctor said I had to take it easy for a little while and get a bit of rest in order to recover as quickly as possible. I'm happy it's all worked out and I can focus on the Tour de France."

When asked if the green points jersey might be an aim for him at the Tour, he was quick to insist: "No, the main target is to help Bradley. I'm not focussed on the green jersey - if I should get it at one point I would be really happy but it's all about working for the team.

"It's the same in the sprints where I think it will work well between me and Swifty. We haven't talked much about it yet but we'll see who's feeling best on each day and what sort of sprint it is and take it from there. We can both produce some good sprints but we can also do some good lead-outs for each other."

Quoted some other intresting stuff too. Shame about Hagen not going for the green :mad: Wiggins will fail anyway.

does this really needs a new thread? couldn't you have posted on one of the over 9000 threads about the tour and the riders in it?

p.s. i don't think he has others aspirations. i mean he can't climb nor sprint with the best. if he gets points on all stages(hilly and flat) he might be around the green jersey but i think he will be too busy helping wiggins.

either way EBH better make up his mind about what kind of rider he wants to be right now he is good at everything but great at none.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
Parrulo said:
does this really needs a new thread? couldn't you have posted on one of the over 9000 threads about the tour and the riders in it?

It is unbearable how many repetitive threads we are getting, but is a common thing in july :eek:

Everything sky related generally requires a new thread it would seem.

A

Anonymous

Im not convinced he had shingles. By all accounts Eddie is a bit of a Hypocondriac

A

Anonymous

timmy-loves-rabo said:
it is unbearable how many repetitive threads we are getting, but is a common thing in july :eek:

everything sky related generally requires a new thread it would seem.

+2163762874382

Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
It is unbearable how many repetitive threads we are getting, but is a common thing in july :eek:

Everything sky related generally requires a new thread it would seem.

I think everything SKY related should have 2 threads just incase something happens to one just to be safe u know.

Aug 20, 2009
Visit site
TeamSkyFans said:
Im not convinced he had shingles. By all accounts Eddie is a bit of a Hypocondriac

All top athletes in endurance sports are hypocondriacs. That's why they all got asthma. :p

He probably had it. But how it effects people varies quite a bit. If discovered early and treated fast, it should not be more than a couple of days. On thursday my household doctor expected him to be ready for the nationals roadrace on sunday.

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
oevkride said:
All top athletes in endurance sports are hypocondriacs. That's why they all got asthma. :p

He probably had it. But how it effects people varies quite a bit. If discovered early and treated fast, it should not be more than a couple of days. On thursday my household doctor expected him to be ready for the nationals roadrace on sunday.

Yes, also most suffer from amnesia.:cool: But this gets some pressure off him for the first stage. Gilbert will win that standing on his head but hopefully he can push hard for the TTT.

euanli said:
I think the shingles part may have been lost in translation along the lines of suspected. but who knows.

No, it wasn't lost in translation. Like he says though, they diagnosed it based on the rash before he felt ill from it so perhaps it's simply just because they caught it early enough that it didn't effect him.

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
euanli said:
And every time Cavendish sneezes we need three thread. If he ****es fifteen.
If he sneezes, cr*ps himself and Greipel slips on it we'll have to open a whole new board.

I've already seem Twitter comments suggesting that EBH's recovery is worthy of suspicion...:rolleyes:

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
No way he had shingles if he's prepared to get on his bicycle for the next 3 weeks. The pain is no walk in the park and sensitive to the slightest touch.

auscyclefan94 said:
seems odd that EBH has come back so quicly from something like shingles and is ready to go

Mrs. One had it quite a while back. There's quite a range of severities and recovery rates for shingles. Plus being able to ride depends some on where the rashes are located. Places where a jersey might flap against it due to airflow (like along the sides) can really irritate it and make it more painful. He could get by easier if it's located in another spot where it won't get so irritated. So depends. Let's hope it is not bothersome.