• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Edward Theuns thread

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
Yesterday's defeat to Wales in the Euros may have been bitter, but Belgian fans rejoice, today Edward Theuns became the first Belgian rider to wear the white jersey since 1999! It's not the first success of the year for Trek-Segafredo's young star, who already won stage 1 of his national tour in late May.

-Ronde van Drenthe
-Stage 3 Tour de l'Eurométropole
-Stage 5 Four Days of Dunkirk

-Stage 1 Tour of Belgium

sptdw8075_670.jpg

Best of the rest in a big Tour bunch sprint, not bad at all. Wondering if he can stay with the Sagans of the world in the harder finishes like today.

In the future I could see a good partnership developing with fellow belgian Stuyven for the cobbled races. Stuyven is probably better in a solo bid, Theuns is probably faster in a sprint should all be good fun without Cancellara next year.

Theuns is worth a thread for sure. Didn't you watch cycling last year? Huge progression from 2013 to 2014 (looking at CQ-points, wins and podiums). From 227 to 1064 CQ-points. 3 victories last year, 9 podiums (2nd at Scheldeprijs, Dwars door Vlaanderen en Rund um Koln) and another 21 top 10s!

Cancellara retiring next season, could be a good couple with Stuyven (maybe with Degenkolb as well)

Re: Re:

PremierAndrew said:
Flamin said:
Come on mate, a thread for Edward **** Theuns?

His thread will just end up being relatively inactive, but if the OP wants to create a thread on him, I don't see the problem

Exactly, so why even bother creating a thread then? One can easily point out a good performance from him in the appropriate race thread. No need to spam this forum with threads for every mediocre bike rider, which then disappears because there's nothing to discuss.

And like I said, there used to be a standard on cn to have your own thread, but I see everyone who 'defends' this is rather new here, so whatever.

Re: Re:

Flamin said:
PremierAndrew said:
Flamin said:
Come on mate, a thread for Edward **** Theuns?

His thread will just end up being relatively inactive, but if the OP wants to create a thread on him, I don't see the problem

Exactly, so why even bother creating a thread then? One can easily point out a good performance from him in the appropriate race thread. No need to spam this forum with threads for every mediocre bike rider, which then disappears because there's nothing to discuss.

And like I said, there used to be a standard on cn to have your own thread, but I see everyone who 'defends' this is rather new here, so whatever.

100% agree.

TRENDING THREADS