Teams & Riders EF Pro Cycling

Page 18 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Cannondale-Drapac

StryderHells said:
Anderis said:
StryderHells said:
CheckMyPecs said:
Coquard's simply not that good once you take him out of the French calendar.
How would we know how good Coquard is outside of the French calendar? He races for a French PCT squad so 90% of his races are in France. Coquard would be an exellent signing for a team like Cannondale if he was available and would bag them plenty of good results
I agree.

Amstel Gold Race is not held in France AFAIK and Coquard did very well there.
Also came pretty close to winning Dwars door Vlaanderen this year and won the sprint just behind the leading three in De Brabantse Pijl.
Coquard will win races if he joins a WT team. He is wasted at PCT level.
 
Mar 14, 2016
3,093
1
0
Re: Cannondale-Drapac

StryderHells said:
Also came pretty close to winning Dwars door Vlaanderen this year and won the sprint just behind the leading three in De Brabantse Pijl.
Is this supposed to be a glowing review?
 
Re: Cannondale-Drapac

CheckMyPecs said:
StryderHells said:
Also came pretty close to winning Dwars door Vlaanderen this year and won the sprint just behind the leading three in De Brabantse Pijl.
Is this supposed to be a glowing review?
Note that he has more results than whole Cannondale combined in this year. I hope that Coquard does not go to this team, his career would be ruined.
 
What Cannondale needs right now is a decent lead-out man for Wipppert (and/or Navardauskas), so they can construct leadouts. Hopefully being able to costruct a proper leadout (like they did on TdF so I don't know why they never do it on other occassions) they can start becoming a team oustide of sprints too. I have to admit that they did some good work for Rolland in the first week of le tour though, Rolland was just not at his best level.

The team right now seems like a complete mess, with the talent they have completeley overshadowed by the failure to meet the expectations that Vaughters create.

I think their classics team is the one that can easily improve the most. Guys like Dimitri Claeys, Heinrich Haussler and Timothy Dupont still have no contract extension .
 
Re: Cannondale-Drapac

Current UCI WT Team Ranking (including points from 5 best riders for each team):
1 Tinkoff WT 1116
2 Movistar Team WT 1101
3 Team Sky WT 1019
4 BMC Racing Team WT 881
5 Etixx - Quick Step WT 767
6 Team Katusha WT 666
7 ORICA-BikeExchange WT 619
8 FDJ WT 458
9 Astana Pro Team WT 450
10 Lotto Soudal WT 404
11 AG2R La Mondiale WT 401
12 Team LottoNL - Jumbo WT 392
13 Trek - Segafredo WT 385
14 Lampre - Merida WT 369
15 Cannondale-Drapac Pro Cycling Team WT 306
16 Team Giant - Alpecin WT 299
17 Dimension Data WT 260
18 IAM Cycling WT 257

WT Team Ranking including points from all riders according to my calculation:
1 Team Sky WT 1335
2 Movistar Team WT 1211
3 Tinkoff WT 1193
4 Etixx - Quick Step WT 1009
5 BMC Racing Team WT 910
6 ORICA-BikeExchange WT 776
7 Team Katusha WT 716
8 Astana Pro Team WT 529
9 Lotto Soudal WT 502
10 FDJ WT 458
11 Cannondale-Drapac Pro Cycling Team WT 424
12 Trek - Segafredo WT 411
13 AG2R La Mondiale WT 406
14 Team LottoNL - Jumbo WT 399
15 Lampre - Merida WT 374
16 IAM Cycling WT 311
17 Team Giant - Alpecin WT 301
18 Dimension Data WT 273

I have no idea why they count only 5 riders for team ranking. I find it unfair.

Points scored from riders outside of best 5 from each team (not included in official WT Team ranking for unknown reason):
1 Sky 316
2 Etixx 242
3 Orica 157
4 Cannondale 118
5 Movistar 110
6 Lotto-Soudal 98
7 Astana 79
8 Tinkoff 77
9 IAM 54
10 Katusha 50
11 BMC 29
12 Trek 26
13 Dimension Data 13
14 Lotto-Jumbo 9
15 AG2R 5
- Lampre 5
17 Giant 2
18 FDJ 0

Interestingly, those figures look much better for Cannondale than once could expect looking at their season. :surprised:
 
Re: Cannondale-Drapac

Anderis said:
Current UCI WT Team Ranking (including points from 5 best riders for each team):
1 Tinkoff WT 1116
2 Movistar Team WT 1101
3 Team Sky WT 1019
4 BMC Racing Team WT 881
5 Etixx - Quick Step WT 767
6 Team Katusha WT 666
7 ORICA-BikeExchange WT 619
8 FDJ WT 458
9 Astana Pro Team WT 450
10 Lotto Soudal WT 404
11 AG2R La Mondiale WT 401
12 Team LottoNL - Jumbo WT 392
13 Trek - Segafredo WT 385
14 Lampre - Merida WT 369
15 Cannondale-Drapac Pro Cycling Team WT 306
16 Team Giant - Alpecin WT 299
17 Dimension Data WT 260
18 IAM Cycling WT 257

WT Team Ranking including points from all riders according to my calculation:
1 Team Sky WT 1335
2 Movistar Team WT 1211
3 Tinkoff WT 1193
4 Etixx - Quick Step WT 1009
5 BMC Racing Team WT 910
6 ORICA-BikeExchange WT 776
7 Team Katusha WT 716
8 Astana Pro Team WT 529
9 Lotto Soudal WT 502
10 FDJ WT 458
11 Cannondale-Drapac Pro Cycling Team WT 424
12 Trek - Segafredo WT 411
13 AG2R La Mondiale WT 406
14 Team LottoNL - Jumbo WT 399
15 Lampre - Merida WT 374
16 IAM Cycling WT 311
17 Team Giant - Alpecin WT 301
18 Dimension Data WT 273

I have no idea why they count only 5 riders for team ranking. I find it unfair.

Points scored from riders outside of best 5 from each team (not included in official WT Team ranking for unknown reason):
1 Sky 316
2 Etixx 242
3 Orica 157
4 Cannondale 118
5 Movistar 110
6 Lotto-Soudal 98
7 Astana 79
8 Tinkoff 77
9 IAM 54
10 Katusha 50
11 BMC 29
12 Trek 26
13 Dimension Data 13
14 Lotto-Jumbo 9
15 AG2R 5
- Lampre 5
17 Giant 2
18 FDJ 0

Interestingly, those figures look much better for Cannondale than once could expect looking at their season. :surprised:
How did that happen? Dimension Data got 5 wins at the Tour. Cannondale has 5 road wins.

Truly bizarre that there is any way to spin their season as a positive.
 
Re:

Anderis said:
Nah, this is not positive. This is negative because Cannondale are scoring many points that don't count for some stupid rules.
The main point is, this point system is completely meaningless. Getting 200~ WT points as a team from races like Poland and TDU means a lot less compared to a stage win in Tour, which is just 20 WT points. DD might be last in WT rankings, but they won 5 stages in Tour and won 4 WT stages in other "good" WT (T-A, Dauphine and Pais Vasco) races, which makes their season infinitely better than Cannondale's season. If you win a race like Poland like Wellens did, surely it is a nice result but podiuming a race like Poland means a lot less compared to a stage win in Tour, even though you get 60 points for a podium in Poland.
 
Mar 14, 2016
3,093
1
0
Re: Cannondale-Drapac

StryderHells said:
CheckMyPecs said:
StryderHells said:
Also came pretty close to winning Dwars door Vlaanderen this year and won the sprint just behind the leading three in De Brabantse Pijl.
Is this supposed to be a glowing review?
Yes
Settling for also-ran places in minor races isn't exactly the change of mentality Cannondale needs right now.
 
Oct 10, 2015
2,059
0
0
Re: Cannondale-Drapac

CheckMyPecs said:
StryderHells said:
CheckMyPecs said:
StryderHells said:
Also came pretty close to winning Dwars door Vlaanderen this year and won the sprint just behind the leading three in De Brabantse Pijl.
Is this supposed to be a glowing review?
Yes
Settling for also-ran places in minor races isn't exactly the change of mentality Cannondale needs right now.
Coquard who is 24, has 28 pro wins and come close to winning Tour stages all whilst riding for a PCT outfit, he clearly is a very talented rider, what is it exactly that you don't like about him?
 
Re: Cannondale-Drapac

CheckMyPecs said:
StryderHells said:
CheckMyPecs said:
StryderHells said:
Also came pretty close to winning Dwars door Vlaanderen this year and won the sprint just behind the leading three in De Brabantse Pijl.
Is this supposed to be a glowing review?
Yes
Settling for also-ran places in minor races isn't exactly the change of mentality Cannondale needs right now.
They signed Wouter Wippert after all so maybe that is exactly what they think they need.
 
Mar 14, 2016
3,093
1
0
Re: Cannondale-Drapac

StryderHells said:
CheckMyPecs said:
StryderHells said:
CheckMyPecs said:
StryderHells said:
Also came pretty close to winning Dwars door Vlaanderen this year and won the sprint just behind the leading three in De Brabantse Pijl.
Is this supposed to be a glowing review?
Yes
Settling for also-ran places in minor races isn't exactly the change of mentality Cannondale needs right now.
Coquard who is 24, has 28 pro wins and come close to winning Tour stages all whilst riding for a PCT outfit, he clearly is a very talented rider, what is it exactly that you don't like about him?
Don't get me wrong, Coquard is a promising rider for the future, but Cannondale really need someone who can bring in the wins right now. And Bryan just doesn't seem capable of doing that in WorldTour races.
 
Re: Cannondale-Drapac

PeterB said:
CheckMyPecs said:
StryderHells said:
CheckMyPecs said:
StryderHells said:
Also came pretty close to winning Dwars door Vlaanderen this year and won the sprint just behind the leading three in De Brabantse Pijl.
Is this supposed to be a glowing review?
Yes
Settling for also-ran places in minor races isn't exactly the change of mentality Cannondale needs right now.
They signed Wouter Wippert after all so maybe that is exactly what they think they need.
Maybe if they raced him a little more Cannondale might get some results from him. Same with Pat Bevin.
 
Re:

CheckMyPecs said:
At one point you start to wonder if Vaughters' training style is the problem.
There's definetely something not working training-wise in that team, but Vaughters himself is a personal coach of 2 riders- Van Baarle and Dombrowski and Van Baarle is doing really well this season. He is maybe the best rider in the team right now, too bad he has the skillset that doesn't allow him to bring results in many races.
 
Re: Re:

Anderis said:
CheckMyPecs said:
At one point you start to wonder if Vaughters' training style is the problem.
There's definetely something not working training-wise in that team, but Vaughters himself is a personal coach of 2 riders- Van Baarle and Dombrowski and Van Baarle is doing really well this season. He is maybe the best rider in the team right now, too bad he has the skillset that doesn't allow him to bring results in many races.
Dombrowski seems to be making steps in the right direction as well since leaving Sky. Could it be a team morale issue?

Something certainly seems off.
 
Re: Cannondale-Drapac

yaco said:
liamito said:
Anderis said:
According to procyclingstats, these sprinters don't have contracts for 2017:
- Bryan Coquard (I mentioned him earlier)
- all of the IAM guys
- Daniel McLay
- Moreno Hofland
- Elia Viviani
- Caleb Ewan
- Juan Jose Lobato

Take one of those, add one good cobble rider or puncheur with strength on the flat and the team's capability of taking results in various terrain increases much more than after taking Majka, whose skillset I find very simillar to Rolland's. With Majka you would also have 4 riders with GT-leadership aspirations, forcing some of them to rearrange their goals could cause tension within the team. Majka will find a better offer elsewhere anyway, IMO.
Ewan already signed a new contract.
100% correct. Being pushed towards some of the less hilly Classics.
He can't even cope with Cuddles Race. The only classic without hills is P-R and he'll never contend for that as long as his backside points to the ground ! Doubt he'll ever be able to go the distance at MSR and even if he did, his only chance would be if they soft pedal the Cipressa & Poggio and bring the entire field to the finish ! He hasn't the engine for the cobbled races ... and never will.

One hopes sense will prevail in time and he receives the requisite push ..... out the door, out of racing at an international level and back to riding domestic crits where he will no doubt clean up !
 
Re: Cannondale-Drapac

42x16ss said:
Maybe if they raced him a little more Cannondale might get some results from him. Same with Pat Bevin.
Some merit in that statement ! Sadly this team is becoming an ever increasing conundrum. The deal with Drapac brings in insufficient $$ to be meaningful and nothing talent-wise. There IS worthwhile talent present at this team but zero direction
 
Oct 10, 2015
2,059
0
0
Re:

CheckMyPecs said:
At one point you start to wonder if Vaughters' training style is the problem.
I don't know if it's his training style but his management of the squad lacks something that's for sure, he really does come across as incompetent
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY