Teams & Riders EF Pro Cycling

Page 72 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I am confident Chaves will win one or two WT races in 2022, especially in a GT - He's happy in himself and his weight is in check - He needs to be used as a stage hunter in GT's BUT not at the TDF - He's stage hunted in the last 2 TDF's and has made one break in 42 stages - He's unsuited to the TDF parcours where there are long stretches before the climbing starts - He goes much better in the more rolling routes of the Giro and the Vuelta - Surprisingly, Bike Exchange never offered him a contract with the team focusing on developing their current roster.
Watching in his best times with Sky he was deeply dependent on a strong team to chase and keep him in the hunt. His best Dauphine' was a group effort and that course should have suited him. I can't recall any huge results since and it doesn't seem like he would be much of a GC teammate.

Yesterday it occured to me again how much EF's roster is in the need of revitalisation.

GC relevant stage of Tour de Wallonie and the best EF rider finishes 50th. Then what't their provisional squad tor the upcoming Tour de Pologne? According to PCS:
van den Berg, Scully, Owen, El Fares, Beppu, Arroyave, Langeveld, Docker
(that's 8 riders btw)
Yeah, maybe Scully or Langeveld can ride a good ITT but other than that I struggle to see the team finishing any of the stages in the top15 really with these riders.

They just don't have enough good riders in the team to send a worthy squad to a lot of races. They're going there like for a trip and not to race for results.
Arroyave, Camargo, Owen, Whelan and Van den Berg have all failed to develop into riders of any strength.
Docker, Langeveld, Keukeleire and Van Garderen seem long past their prime.
And out of new signings Beppu, El Fares, Nakane and Will Barta none have really contributed to anything. Never really had expectations for the first three of them but Barta is a shadow of himself from last year.
Big changes needed.

Jul 23, 2021
They just don't have enough good riders in the team to send a worthy squad to a lot of races. They're going there like for a trip and not to race for results.
Arroyave, Camargo, Owen, Whelan and Van den Berg have all failed to develop into riders of any strength.
Docker, Langeveld, Keukeleire and Van Garderen seem long past their prime.
And out of new signings Beppu, El Fares, Nakane and Will Barta none have really contributed to anything. Never really had expectations for the first three of them but Barta is a shadow of himself from last year.
Big changes needed.
He suffered a femur fracture in late December.

http://instagr.am/p/CLrox40lPPJ/ View: https://www.instagram.com/p/CLrox40lPPJ/?utm_medium=copy_link

Reactions: Anderis

ASK THE COMMUNITY