• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders EF Pro Cycling

Page 28 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 14, 2015
Visit site
That is his original con, the nerd rider who studies for the big win. Of course it turned out he was just another moderately talented doper and his actual interests lie more in expensive wine and playing manager. Judging by their results, he must have been coaching Uran and Rolland.

Re:

Billie said:
Great job by @sebaslangeveld.... super proud of you, buddy. Been a true honor coaching you this year.
.@DylanvanBaarle is the first rider I started personally training 2yrs ago. So, even though I prayed for more, today is a happy day for me.

Vaughters is hilarious. suddenly he started training his riders :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
Yes, he started training Van Baarle and Dombrowski last year personally. This year he added Langeveld, apparently. I don't know what's hilarious in that?
He was a manager, not a coach. Until last year. Now he is kind of both.

Re: Re:

Anderis said:
Billie said:
Great job by @sebaslangeveld.... super proud of you, buddy. Been a true honor coaching you this year.
.@DylanvanBaarle is the first rider I started personally training 2yrs ago. So, even though I prayed for more, today is a happy day for me.

Vaughters is hilarious. suddenly he started training his riders :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
Yes, he started training Van Baarle and Dombrowski last year personally. This year he added Langeveld, apparently. I don't know what's hilarious in that?
He was a manager, not a coach. Until last year. Now he is kind of both.

Dombrowski has shown nothing this year. Be interesting to see how he rides in the Giro. Hard to believe he was leaving Aru behind at age 21.

Dombrowski fully peaks for the Giro this time around. Kinda like Kruijswijk does as well. It's not that his potential(Dombros) competitors like Hirt, Foliforov or Atapuma have shown much more so far. Bernal ain't gonna be there. If Dombro seriously prepares himself, he had a long altitude stint at Tenerife lately, he might be able to perform better than at last year's edition.

Edith adds that Dombro just pumped up the volume from February on. There was an article on cyclingnews about him slowly but regularly building towards the Giro. So it ain't no surprise he hasn't shown anything so far. He's gonna hit his race rhythm from now on.

myrideissteelerthanyours said:
El Pistolero said:
GenericBoonenFan said:
Vanmarcke said he might do the tour after his failed classics season this year. Originally he was not planning on doing a grand tour.

As if he can do something at the Tour...
He goes every year and gets some random top 10s... kinda like an only slightly more consistent EBH.
Slightly more consistent? EBH probably has 20 - 30 top 5's and some stage wins. Vanmarcke hasn't ever even been in the top 5, let alone win a stage. It's not even close.

Jul 14, 2015
Visit site
A classic Cannondale performance in Amstel Gold today, missing all the moves, present in none of the groups.. but wait!

0dqbsLV.jpg

With the race long gone theres suddenly 5 of them at the front chasing an imaginary placing :lol:

Re:

staubsauger said:
Dombrowski fully peaks for the Giro this time around. Kinda like Kruijswijk does as well. It's not that his potential(Dombros) competitors like Hirt, Foliforov or Atapuma have shown much more so far. Bernal ain't gonna be there. If Dombro seriously prepares himself, he had a long altitude stint at Tenerife lately, he might be able to perform better than at last year's edition.

Edith adds that Dombro just pumped up the volume from February on. There was an article on cyclingnews about him slowly but regularly building towards the Giro. So it ain't no surprise he hasn't shown anything so far. He's gonna hit his race rhythm from now on.

Would expect to see him active in Tour of Alps to test himself.

Re: Cannondale-Drapac

Cannondale doesn't really have a roster for Amstel. Slagter even at his best never did well in this race. Bettiol is still unproven in really big races and the rest has never shown they can even finish in the top10 in this type of races at this level.

Slagter has never become a rider he could be expected to be after his great spring in 2014 but what do you mean by "why do they even keep him around?". He is still getting some results each year.

I don't know, he seems to be good on steep stuff this year. But he didn't ride anyway.

On the other hand, Formolo has a really consistent form this year. Not great but he looks like top10-ish form in every race he rides (even though he is not finishing in top10 because of some crashes or TTTs etc.).

Re:

Anderis said:
I don't know, he seems to be good on steep stuff this year. But he didn't ride anyway.

On the other hand, Formolo has a really consistent form this year. Not great but he looks like top10-ish form in every race he rides (even though he is not finishing in top10 because of some crashes or TTTs etc.).
Formolo looks much more consistent than in the past. I wouldn't rule out a top10 at the Giro barring crashes. He can cope with bad weather which always a bonus for the Giro.

Do you know what happened to Bettiol during AGR? Apparently he DNF.

SafeBet said:
Anderis said:

Formolo looks much more consistent than in the past. I wouldn't rule out a top10 at the Giro barring crashes. He can cope with bad weather which always a bonus for the Giro.

Do you know what happened to Bettiol during AGR? Apparently he DNF.

Bettiol abandoned with stomach problems

Disappointing La Fleche for the team.

They did everything right until the last 500 meters. Woods and Uran were perfectly positioned. But not strong enough. Disappointing considering how strong both of them were on those steep climbs in Pais Vasco. Uran has never been particularly strong in this race but Woods was 12th in La Fleche last year even though he was poorly positioned to the final climb. This year he barely improved even though his positioning was good this time.

Anderis said:
Disappointing La Fleche for the team.

They did everything right until the last 500 meters. Woods and Uran were perfectly positioned. But not strong enough. Disappointing considering how strong both of them were on those steep climbs in Pais Vasco. Uran has never been particularly strong in this race but Woods was 12th in La Fleche last year even though he was poorly positioned to the final climb. This year he barely improved even though his positioning was good this time.

Uran has a better shot at LBL. Woods did okay and let's be honest that he performed about to the level as expected, he's a solid gutsy rider but these guys are a level above.

TRENDING THREADS