• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders EF Pro Cycling

Page 57 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
What’s the plan for EF then? Hope Carthy, Powless etc improve?
Re-sign Uran and rely on Higuita's consistency + Bettiol in classics, I guess. That's still not the worst we've seen in WT. And then survive above all.

It appears that they can't be too picky for financial reasons, which is really awful, as for 2020 they've already had a rather tiny budget apparently:
(article in Polish but the table should be understandable ;) ) so there's not really anything to go down from if they want to retain a healthy level of performance.

Tell what you want about Vaughters but his team has often overperformed its budget and FFS I would love to see the team having a stable mid-level WT budget for once so that they can finally have a few years without big compromises regarding salary budget, performance budget etc. Not for 2021, it seems. :(

Re-sign Uran and rely on Higuita's consistency + Bettiol in classics, I guess. That's still not the worst we've seen in WT. And then survive above all.

It appears that they can't be too picky for financial reasons, which is really awful, as for 2020 they've already had a rather tiny budget apparently:
(article in Polish but the table should be understandable ;) ) so there's not really anything to go down from if they want to retain a healthy level of performance.

Tell what you want about Vaughters but his team has often overperformed its budget and FFS I would love to see the team having a stable mid-level WT budget for once so that they can finally have a few years without big compromises regarding salary budget, performance budget etc. Not for 2021, it seems. :(
Lobbying now for Sagan to EF. He could bring some Specialized power to the team, help the Classics profile and help promote the gravel sector for sponsors. He'd probably love being on a US team and not following climbers around 2 GTs a year. Just a Westcoaster's dream, since he hangs out here to train sometimes.

I think around 2017 Sagan alone was earning around the same money as the entire 30-men squad of Vaughters' team. Could still be the same story today. The team would basically need to almost double the budget to make it happen.
How much of that was Specialized money, does anyone know? Having him land in the US market with little to nothing going on may attract some dough. He's also a little down the road from that salary range these days.

Any possibility of sponsorship for EF or his future wages assumes some projected normalcy to racing schedules again, which is no sure thing next year.

Reactions: Sandisfan

TRENDING THREADS