• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders EF Pro Cycling

Page 68 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
He loves LBL so much that he has a 67% DNF rate in this race. :p

Sure, but he has still done better than in FW. And he also won the U23 race two years in a row. He needs a bit of luck of course, but he could finish between 6 and 15 on Sunday.
Hopefully Higuita won't be too bothered by the crash he suffered. It didn't look great when the cameras were on him.

Yes, they need to figure something out! IMO, JV needs some other brains to help him with the building process, and then the racing process.

Today: Was Howes long range their only plan? I like the move, but what if it doesn't make it (it didn't), then what/who? Carr? Valgren? Higuita? If Valgren hates the race he better not be part of the plan. The team mentality isn't correct IMO so they aren't going to do any better until they figure this out.

Yes, they need to figure something out! IMO, JV needs some other brains to help him with the building process, and then the racing process.

Today: Was Howes long range their only plan? I like the move, but what if it doesn't make it (it didn't), then what/who? Carr? Valgren? Higuita? If Valgren hates the race he better not be part of the plan. The team mentality isn't correct IMO so they aren't going to do any better until they figure this out.

I guess their main plan was to ride for Higuita, but that was not possible in the end. Howes was also very unlucky in the break.
Maybe they will bring Carthy to LBL if Higuita can't go. Not that it would improve their chances of a good result dramatically.

Reactions: jmdirt
I don't think they have the riders to compete for the Classics and one day races.
That's quite true.

The big problem is, however, that neither do they have sprinters or riders to compete for GC in stage races. ;)

In all seriousness: if they can't get at least some classics results with riders like Bettiol, Valgren, Cort, Keukeleire, Higuita, Bissegger and Uran- then something works wrong at that team.

Reactions: jmdirt and SafeBet
"Kit that will give everyone a warm and fuzzy feeling"

Sounds bit Boulder Dude, eh?
1540496974-hbz-brown-coat-1540496968.jpg

Higuita can't find his pre-lock down level. His recovery seems gone. Both in TA and Itzulia he completely collapsed in the last hard stage of the race.
Hmm, he was great in both UAE and Tirreno (until the hypothermia). With a bit of luck, he could have been on the podium of both races. He has the tools to at least win a stage in the Tour, and I'd guess that he can follow up on Martinez's win in Dauphiné.

Reactions: Sandisfan
It's ironic how they had had an absolutely abysmal classics campaign this year but then a classic-like stage during the Giro and they were the strongest team.

Once again a question arises what Bettiol could've achieved in this spring if he had been able to reach this kind of form a month or two earlier.

Maybe Guerreiro should ride classics more often. This year he' rode 0 one day races.

TRENDING THREADS