• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders EF Pro Cycling

Page 99 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
For the first time maybe since Bettiol’s RVV win, I thought the team was outstanding in a cobbled race. Rutsch was far and away the strongest from the early break and Powless did great to get ahead to him. The rest of the team was prominent in the peloton behind until the big guns started firing. Would have been interesting if Bettiol had been healthy and in that group. Maybe he is able to sit on Pog and Van der Poel? Probably not, but in his best, he is one of the few with a chance. At the end of the day, legs matter. Strategy and execution were both spot on, but Pog and Van der Poel were just way better than the rest today.

What do EF fans make of this provisional start list for PR from PCS?
It leaves me cold. I"m staring at it and don't see anything.
I don’t think it’s a bad lineup given the current team composition.
Rutsch has shown in the past that he can make it deep into the race, and I’m excited to see what M. Van den berg can do. Really the only name missing that might add something is Bissegger. Bettiol is sick and Powless is probably too light to be great on the Pave (I know Tour stage), but that is a different kettle of fish.

I don’t think it’s a bad lineup given the current team composition.
Rutsch has shown in the past that he can make it deep into the race, and I’m excited to see what M. Van den berg can do. Really the only name missing that might add something is Bissegger. Bettiol is sick and Powless is probably too light to be great on the Pave (I know Tour stage), but that is a different kettle of fish.

People always say this but where is the evidence? Why should there be a difference?

The sport has taken so many strides away from its past where everybody always just did what people used to do but 'you can't ride Roubaix if you're light' is for some reason an enduring myth even if we in the Tour see riders like Landa, Quintana, Ewan, etc. thriving on the pavé.

People always say this but where is the evidence? Why should there be a difference?

The sport has taken so many strides away from its past where everybody always just did what people used to do but 'you can't ride Roubaix if you're light' is for some reason an enduring myth even if we in the Tour see riders like Landa, Quintana, Ewan, etc. thriving on the pavé.
Powless is listed at 67 kilos. Count the number of sub 70 kilo riders who have been on the podium since 2000. I think it’s 5.

I do not mean to say it is impossible for him to do well in Paris Roubaix, I simply mean that Paris Roubaix is a much longer race with more and rougher cobbles than the tour stage. So one cannot assume that because he did well in the tour stage that he is destined for success at PR.

Reactions: Sandisfan

TRENDING THREADS