• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders EF Pro Cycling

Page 100 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Anderis somewhere near Gdansk or Krakow smiling real good atm
No.

Powless looked injured after his crash.
EF hasn't taken a WT win since January.
Everybody besides Healy and Powless looks rather mediocre this season.

More importantly, the way Pogacar is winning everything from GTs to Flanders with ridiculous ease and predictability like nobody before in modern cycling and the same can be said of Jumbo-Visma in almost any race that Pogacar doesn't participate is really taking the joy of following cycling away from me.

I didn't enjoy the race today.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan
No.

More importantly, the way Pogacar is winning everything from GTs to Flanders with ridiculous ease and predictability like nobody before in modern cycling and the same can be said of Jumbo-Visma in almost any race that Pogacar doesn't participate is really taking the joy of following cycling away from me.

I still remember the excitement and joy of UAE and Jumbo winning instead of Sky/Ineos.

No.

I think Marijn has looked more like the rider I thought he'd be in 2022 so far this season. Bissegger has been a letdown, though.

What's going on with Uran, btw? Just yesterday I read that he was going to ride Tour of the Alps to prepare for the Giro and today he is not on the startlist anymore.
Uran is doing an Uran.
Seriously speaking, I was surprised he was going to ride Tour de Alps after he rode Catalonia and Itzulia. I think he was acceptable, and he is not getting any younger, so a reduction in miles and some altitude was on the menu TBH. He is not listed in any of the Classics either so if I were to guess he is back home at altitude training for the Giro. And he is one of those guys that are very disciplined and is a fitness maniac. So I can see why EF trust him with only those miles. BTW, I heard Juan Manual Garate commenting pretty much the same thing about his discipline, so they trust him on his own a lot.

Remember that year that his wife had a baby and he had to train in Miami for the Tour for a few months. LOL. He came back and was second at Suisse and for quite a while was second behind Pogacar at the Tour. That was impressive indeed.

Uran is doing an Uran.
Seriously speaking, I was surprised he was going to ride Tour de Alps after he rode Catalonia and Itzulia. I think he was acceptable, and he is not getting any younger, so a reduction in miles and some altitude was on the menu TBH. He is not listed in any of the Classics either so if I were to guess he is back home at altitude training for the Giro. And he is one of those guys that are very disciplined and is a fitness maniac. So I can see why EF trust him with only those miles. BTW, I heard Juan Manual Garate commenting pretty much the same thing about his discipline, so they trust him on his own a lot.

Remember that year that his wife had a baby and he had to train in Miami for the Tour for a few months. LOL. He came back and was second at Suisse and for quite a while was second behind Pogacar at the Tour. That was impressive indeed.
Allergies according to this news.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eK8pkM1PR4

Powless looked bad/injured after the big peloton crash, though it wasn’t clear whether he went down. Any word from the team on him?
haven't found anything. The riders I saw involved were Honoré and Piccolo, so really not sure Powless went down either.

He said that he was sick after the Ronde, so not having the legs for Amstel would not be a major surprise - but still quite a coincidence if it happened right after that crash.

He said that he was sick after the Ronde, so not having the legs for Amstel would not be a major surprise - but still quite a coincidence if it happened right after that crash.
I think I saw one EF rider tried to catch the group alone after the crash and a few moments later, they showed Powless riding completely empty.

With this information I think I have a pretty reasonable explanation. Powless might have not fallen but was stopped by the crash. Then he went 100% to try to catch the main group but since he was sick after the Ronde, he wasn't at his 100% and blew up from this effort. Perhaps he could've also given up mentally when he realised he could never catch the front of the race again.

Thanks for the info—odd the team hasn’t said more.
The team has been really poor in communicating with their fans for several years. I remember in 2021, their twitter didn't even mention Carthy abandoning the Vuelta, even though he was their intended GC leader for that race. All they were twittering about at that time was some alternate calendar stuff done by Howes and Morton.

Damn, 3rd most important stage race on the calendar and your leader abandons and you don't even tell your fans what happened.

Some 12 years ago their social media had much more details IIRC.

I think I saw one EF rider tried to catch the group alone after the crash and a few moments later, they showed Powless riding completely empty.

With this information I think I have a pretty reasonable explanation. Powless might have not fallen but was stopped by the crash. Then he went 100% to try to catch the main group but since he was sick after the Ronde, he wasn't at his 100% and blew up from this effort. Perhaps he could've also given up mentally when he realised he could never catch the front of the race again.
Interesting conjecture—I can see that being the case, especially if he felt, prior to that, like he had good legs and could compete for a podium.

The way they rode today wasn't very encouraging (only two riders made the final selection and there wasn't a really good plan in place of how to make the most out of the race tactically) but their team was always going to be much better suited to LBL than FW so I hope next Sunday is better, but Powless DNF again, that's concerning, it would be a shame to start the season so well but hit health problems for the race that probably suits him the best out of all big races.

Last edited:
Powless crashed (again?) but didn't seem injured. His shape is probably not optimal though.
I think Healy looked good on Cherave before losing a lot of positions afterwards. Liege should suit him.

As for Piccolo is showing some signs of life working for the team and he said he's feeling better and better as the race days go by. Won't be a factor in Liege but perhaps there's some hope for later in the season.

TRENDING THREADS