• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders EF Pro Cycling

Page 101 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
No Chaves for the Giro. :(
What are they planning to do with him, to send him to these small ***ty races so that they can score points?
These type of riders are built for long run endurance. Maybe they can get something good out of him. But please no Vuelta again after the long season.

Reactions: Sandisfan
No Chaves for the Giro. :(
What are they planning to do with him, to send him to these small ***ty races so that they can score points?
These type of riders are built for long run endurance. Maybe they can get something good out of him. But please no Vuelta again after the long season.

Chaves hasn't been able to recover in a Grand Tour for seven years now.

• Sad
Reactions: yaco and Sandisfan
For me, the biggest surprise is the omission of Cepeda. Surely his TotA form would make him a no-brainer. But this is a provisional startlist and maybe will be changed.

I wouldn't be surprised if Chaves goes to TdF this year. The team needs support in the mountains for Carapaz and who can they take aside from Powless and Uran, who will have the Giro in his legs?

and they are still busy designing a new jersey, of course.

De Bod did 130k on the time trial bike today, so I guess he will be around. Not sure who'll miss out, though. Maybe Healy? A bit of a break could make sense for him.
Depends on their targets this year but Healy held some of his Ardennes form he would be a good bet for a breakaway win on a hilly stage. Of course “good bet” is relative since the probability for any individual rider to win from a break is quite small. But he could be a good candidate for that role.

TRENDING THREADS