• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders EF Pro Cycling

Page 102 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
It looks good, I think. IMHO.

filters:quality(75)

I'm curious to see what they can get out of De Bod. Back in 2019 he finished 3rd in the Österreich Rundfahrt, ahead of both Vlasov and O'Connor (when they both rode for DD). Finished 5th on the Großglockner (almost 50sec ahead of Vlasov) and on the Kitzbüheler Horn (1:10 ahead of O'Connor). He can TT and used to be a good climber.

Reactions: Sandisfan
If they added Cepeda as additional climbing domestique, they must truly believe in someone on their roster.

Uran, Carthy or even Healy?
Forget about Uran, Carthy or Healy. I have never seen Cepeda perform at the high level in races other than small races. So not sure if he will be a mountain domestique. He is a more refined Sosa IMHO. But I hope to be proved wrong!

I feel like Cepeda is more of a Giro type rider than Tour de France type rider and he hasn't really done enough in his career, yet, to be building his season around Tour de France. He should ride at least one good Giro/Vuelta or something like Dauphine first IMO. He's been underwhelming in big races so far in his career.
Maybe you're right and they actually believe in him for the mountains classification? Hence why he rides the Giro d'Italia and not as a helper in France!

I feel like Cepeda is more of a Giro type rider than Tour de France type rider and he hasn't really done enough in his career, yet, to be building his season around Tour de France. He should ride at least one good Giro/Vuelta or something like Dauphine first IMO. He's been underwhelming in big races so far in his career.
I'd also think that the climbs in the Giro suit him better, but so far he has been a complete no-show in his three participations. May work out better now with EF, but at the moment, I wouldn't expect too much. Bad weather seems to be a major issue for him, for example.

TRENDING THREADS