• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Effects of coronavirus on professional races

Page 54 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
No face to face interviews with riders, but via videoconference after making an appointment for a certain timeslot (every rider has a smartphone with skype/zoom...)?

Select a few riders to make "Day in Our Lives" video dairys, which they'll then have to upload to social media, doesn't have to be live. Could be both the big stars, but also some guys you don't usually notice.

Reactions: BlueRoads
Select a few riders to make "Day in Our Lives" video dairys, which they'll then have to upload to social media, doesn't have to be live. Could be both the big stars, but also some guys you don't usually notice.
<RedheadDane>
Oh, no, will riders have to find the time to milk cows and make cheese on camera? That would definitely mean they will have less time to recover, but could lead to some interesting reality TV. Or did you mean diaries?
</RedheadDane>

:kissingheart::kissingheart:

<RedheadDane>
Oh, no, will riders have to find the time to milk cows and make cheese on camera? That would definitely mean they will have less time to recover, but could lead to some interesting reality TV. Or did you mean diaries?
</RedheadDane>

:kissingheart::kissingheart:

I'm just saying that the "how did the stage go?" questions doesn't have to be live, and that it doesn't have to be the big stars answering them. I'm not talking having riders carrying cameras everywhere, just short - maybe ten minutes - updates which could be made whenever it fit with the rider's schedule, and without the same tired questions from journos, if a rider wants to add a bit more; cool, if not; cool, if he's had a total *** day, and really don't want to do it that day; that would be okay too (but of course, it's also possible that a rider who's had a *** day and would - under normal circumstances - simply avoid the journos will actually have time to cool down).
Of course they could also have the regular - well, not quite regular - live(video)press conference with the stage winner and jersey wearers, but - and that's sort of my point - that would just be stage winner and jersey wearers, I'd be rather interested in knowing what it's like to be a debutant, to be the guy people forget is there.

Last edited:
I'm just saying that the "how did the stage go?" questions doesn't have to be live, and that it doesn't have to be the big stars answering them. I'm not talking having riders carrying cameras everywhere, just short - maybe ten minutes - updates which could be made whenever it fit with the rider's schedule, and without the same tired questions from journos, if a rider wants to add a bit more; cool, if not; cool, if he's had a total * day, and really don't want to do it that day; that would be okay too (but of course, it's also possible that a rider who's had a * day and would - under normal circumstances - simply avoid the journos will actually have time to cool down).
Of course they could also have the regular - well, not quite regular - live(video)press conference with the stage winner and jersey wearers, but - and that's sort of my point - that would just be stage winner and jersey wearers, I'd be rather interested in knowing what it's like to be a debutant, to be the guy people forget is there.
Well, now it becomes awkward... You made a typo. I made fun of you for making a typo. I'm being you. Haha. Ha... Ha.
You wrote dairy, which means milk and cheese. You meant diary, which is a book or other medium of daily musings. Funny.

I'm just saying that the "how did the stage go?" questions doesn't have to be live, and that it doesn't have to be the big stars answering them. I'm not talking having riders carrying cameras everywhere, just short - maybe ten minutes - updates which could be made whenever it fit with the rider's schedule, and without the same tired questions from journos, if a rider wants to add a bit more; cool, if not; cool, if he's had a total * day, and really don't want to do it that day; that would be okay too (but of course, it's also possible that a rider who's had a * day and would - under normal circumstances - simply avoid the journos will actually have time to cool down).

Movistar actually did something like that a couple years ago. One of the domestiques basically had a camera and would give a brief summary of the day or a story about something that happened.
The last two years at the Tour NBCSports had a Tejay answer a handful of questions from fans each day (well each day until he got hurt and had to abandon the Tour). Basically he was emailed the questions and when he had time (several times it was during his massage) would record the questions and his answers on his phone and then send that video to NBCSports to be aired during the broadcast. I remember Tejay saying he liked doing those because the fans would ask interesting questions and not the same questions the reports always ask.

Reactions: hayneplane
Colombia will keep all borders closed until August 31st.

So on paper, this would make it impossible for Bernal, Quintana or Uran to do the Tour. But I guess a solution will be found.

Colombia will keep all borders closed until August 31st.

So on paper, this would make it impossible for Bernal, Quintana or Uran to do the Tour. But I guess a solution will be found.

Of course a solution will be found - Australia has the same rules as Columbia BUT ultimately you can't stop people from working.

no no, Sibiu is still scheduled to take place at that date. Still awaiting an official confirmation from the Romanian government though.

Also the Dookoła Mazowsza mid-July will go ahead, as far as I know. As is probably only talking about .Pro races there

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS