• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

El Purito = Pure Epo ??

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
hoolaparara said:
So I guess Purito is in the clear now!?

Well, the bad day certainly arrived..

Just to add, the ITT did suit him to an extent, far more than one normally would and as someone previously pointed out in this thread he has hardly been setting a lightning pace himself, choosing to follow.

Hard to watch yesterdays stage (what little of it was broadcast) in many ways though Contador was fabulous.

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
hoolaparara said:
So I guess Purito is in the clear now!?

I doubt it, but ofc the focus has changed to another one ^^

Its easy to see that after the tdf now all seems to be better than normal.. As I've said many times before its like Global Politics, if one country gets a rocket the others will try to get atleast two. its a normal human reaction ^^

the big ring

BANNED
Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
Is it fair to say "Purito" has had a bit of a breakout season over the last 6 months?

Way back in April, 2012, he said this: http://www.katushateam.com/2012/04/...katusha-gives-me-great-motivations-for-liege/

I feel very comfortable within Katusha and The Russian Global Cycling Project. The team gives me its support and the opportunities to realize my dreams as a rider. Therefore, the contract extension is logical. I´m very happy and I´m really looking forward to continuing our common future: in this team I´m held in high esteem, I proved my qualities as a leader so it was natural to continue this relation
Purito is one of the best riders in the world and plays an important role for Katusha and the whole Project. Therefore, it is good for both sides to provide the early foundations for the future, – said Hans-Michael HOLCZER.

So I am guessing as one of "the best riders in the world" his contract was healthy.

But now 6 months later, not so comfortable or logical... http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/purito-rodriguez-may-terminate-katusha-contract
Rodriguez has a contract with Katusha until 2013 and aims to renew with conditions that meet the sporting achievements made during this season," the rider’s manager Angel Edo told Deia.

Given the refusal of renewal, 'Purito' raises the idea of terminating the contract" says Edo. "He has equipment offers of the highest level, with better economic conditions and longer contracts until 2015."

Must be a pain in the neck when you don't realise how much better you are going to go in the next 6 months and stitch up a contract that ends up being less than you're worth thanks to the following 6 months' performance.

At 33 years of age.

sniper said:
Did we see anything painted on the roads during the olympics?

Quite a bit actually - certainly on the Surrey stretches before, on and after Box Hill. A lot still remains, which is great for riding past. Though, obviously, much more was washed off by the rain during the women's RR