• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

electronic campagnolo groupo; yea or nay?

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

campagnolo, yea or nay?

• maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
RDV4ROUBAIX said:
My only disagreement with what you said is about the hub comparison, DA and Record are very serviceable, one no more than the other, and the difference in weight is 30g between sets, means nothing. Campy's freehub design is far superior though, expect Shimano will copy them and come out with their own deep spline freehub soon with ScRAM in tow.

They are similar but if the Dura Ace are not correctly adjusted they will brinell the races which is not repairable. In Campag's design the surfaces are removable allowing a full resurrection of a mangled hub. The free hub unit is similarly serviceable & rebuildable, so instead of a sealed unit costing £100 you buy a pack of pawls, a spring and possibly a set of bearings for less than £20 and your free hub is like new.

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
simo1733 said:
I have a record freehub that needs a pawl spring.Where is a good place to buy.I am in Asia so I am looking for international mail order.
Which versions it? The newer & current one that has a single spring around the pawls or the older one that uses individual springs for each pawl?

I work in London and think I have both types at work. PM me with details & I'll check on Monday & email you back.

ultimobici said:
Which versions it? The newer & current one that has a single spring around the pawls or the older one that uses individual springs for each pawl?

I work in London and think I have both types at work. PM me with details & I'll check on Monday & email you back.

Good for you. It is heartening to see somebody on this forum who actually knows their stuff with regards to Campagnolo. A few do but most....do not.

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Bustedknuckle said:
Good for you. It is heartening to see somebody on this forum who actually knows their stuff with regards to Campagnolo. A few do but most....do not.

I want to learn! :)

Enjoyed replacing my 105 group on my special-ed roubaix with campy veloce/centaur mix.

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
Bustedknuckle said:
If I didn't, I'd be in trouble. It's my job to know!

TRENDING THREADS