• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Elite Womens ITT 2012 World Championships

Congratulations to Judith Arndt on her 4th win in the Elite Womens ITT. What an awesome effort.

Did anybody else notice Turkey's Semra Yetis riding the ITT in a roadbike helmet.. and what looks like a jersey with shorts? I don't understand the thinking behind this at this level of competition?

Semrads12TT.jpg

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
How did Semra Yetis finish? Maybe she knew she wasn't going to contend for the TT so just used it to keep the legs fresh before going into the road race.

Maybe someone can answer a question I have in this thread, If Judith Arndt is going to retire at the end of the season now, who wears the rainbow skinsuit next season?

Nobody, because nobody other than Judith Arndt is World Champion. This happened before when Kristin Armstrong stepped away from the bike after Mendrisio.

Pretty amazing stuff for Specialized-Lululemon again today - here are their top finishers:
- Evelyn Stevens (USA) 2nd
- Ellen van Dijk (NED) 5th
- Ina-Yoko Teutenberg (GER) 6th
- Amber Neben (USA) 7th
- Trixi Worrack (GER) 8th

Semra Yetis was last, 8 minutes down. I suspect it was just a case that Turkey had qualified her so may as well contribute, and she'll give the RR a go. After all, if I was given the chance to appear in the World Championships I'd do it, even if I knew I'd be utterly hopeless and unprepared.

winkybiker said:
Can someone please find a photo of Emma Johannson's enormous orange helmet? I need a laugh.

LoL! You should've heard they Danish Eurosport commentators!

"Unfortunately she's wearing that Swedish helmet..."
"Hope it helps, coz it's not pretty."

---

I also did have a bit of a LoL over Van Dijk's rather interesting way of storing her bottle. :p

RedheadDane said:
LoL! You should've heard they Danish Eurosport commentators!

"Unfortunately she's wearing that Swedish helmet..."
"Hope it helps, coz it's not pretty."

---

I also did have a bit of a LoL over Van Dijk's rather interesting way of storing her bottle. :p
Hopefully Kessiakoff won't have to wear it during the ITT. Imagine if he wins and we have a world champion riding with that fishbowl on his head :eek:

They could at least have given it a less hideous color...

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Polyarmour said:
Did anybody else notice Turkey's Semra Yetis riding the ITT in a roadbike helmet.. and what looks like a jersey with shorts? I don't understand the thinking behind this at this level of competition?

Resources. Or lack thereof.

TRENDING THREADS