• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

ENECO Tour Stage 2; TTT 18.9KM

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Dutchsmurf said:
Actually, Susan's reaction makes perfectly sense when you know the kind of posts that were deleted.

Well I thought just Ryo's one comment was deleted so far..

I don't want to argue but Tom T. said it all. I don't want no riders injured or crashing ( and I never said I did... ) , but I quite like Phinney and just expressed my opinion about him.

I didn't comment on others because I didn't need too I thought... why would anyone be happy seeing rider crashing or getting injured anyway ?

It is not acceptable to laugh at crashes nor to indicate in any way that it is ok if someone is injured.

Also I don't see how this is related to me - as I didn't laugh or indicated in any way that it's okay if someone is injured... I just expressed my opinion on Phinney and hoped he was okay. I thought I didn't need to express my opinion about all riders that had accidents today or yesterday..

Oct 25, 2009
Visit site
Dutchsmurf said:
Actually, Susan's reaction makes perfectly sense when you know the kind of posts that were deleted.

I don't know, she seemed to be directing it at Gloin's innocuous comment. If I missed something then I apologize, but I'd like to see those posts.

Oct 25, 2009
Visit site
Gloin22 said:
Also I don't see how this is related to me - as I didn't laugh or indicated in any way that it's okay if someone is injured... I just expressed my opinion on Phinney and hoped he was okay. I thought I didn't need to express my opinion about all riders that had accidents today or yesterday..

And that's why you are owed an apology. You seem like an innocent bystander.

Anyway, it doesn't need to be a federal case. Carry on with Eneco talk.

Good stuff from the GE boys. They were looking to put Kroupis into the leaders jersey but a flat tyre put paid to that. According to Lapage they are looking to try for the overall in the race and Durbridge might be the man for the job, especially with a ITT on Stage 6. Tuft also is in great TT form.

“I knew we had a chance for the win,” said Sports Director Laurenzo Lapage. “The time gaps between the top teams can often be small, and it comes down to every little detail. I said yesterday we were looking for a top three finish. It’s never good to come into the team time trial too confident.”

Aidis Kruopis started stage two in fourth place, tied for time with Taylor Phinney (BMC). Having earned bonus seconds on the intermediate sprint yesterday, Kruopis was well-poised to move into the leader’s jersey until he lost contact with the team due to a flat tire.

“The flat tire is obviously not something we can control,” said Lapage. “What we can control is how we react to what happens. The team kept everything together even after Aidis was gone, and this helped us win today.”

ORICA-GreenEDGE finished with five riders. Sebastian Langeveld, Svein Tuft, Luke Durbridge, Jens Mouris and Keukeleire powered across the line together

“Finishing a team time trial with a complete team is never a good sign,” said Lapage. “Leigh Howard and Fumy Beppu did a great job before getting dropped.”

“We never thought about who would take the leader’s jersey,” Lapage added. “Who has the jersey isn’t important. The team win was the important thing. Normally, Aidis would have taken it, but after the mechanical problem, anyone who got to the finish had a chance.”

Lapage believes the team can hold onto the jersey throughout the week.

“It now becomes important that we arrive at the time trial on Saturday with a number of riders in contention,” said Lapage. “If we do that, everything is possible.”