• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

ENECO Tour(WT), 12th-18th August 2013

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Dazed and Confused said:
If Demare brings his Dunkerque form (The London showdown was a good indicator), he could take this overall.

Wiggo could go very well too.

I've got to be honest, I don't fancy either of those for the overall. Is Wiggins even going to try for GC? Doesn't look his sort of race at all even if he does.

Bernie's eyesore said:
I've got to be honest, I don't fancy either of those for the overall. Is Wiggins even going to try for GC? Doesn't look his sort of race at all even if he does.

On Demare, its more a wish than reality perhaps. I hope he will do very well.

If not Wiggo for GC, what else would Sky be doing? Their fast men can't beat the likes of Greipel and Bos on the flats. Bank everything on Hayman, Eisel or Stannard? Maybe its "just" stage wins.

Can't see Wiggins doing anything different to Tour of Poland - soft pedalling the whole way round except for the TT. This is just another opportunity for getting some race miles back in his legs, surely?

Kelderman would be my best guess for the overall win here. Will be interesting to see how Chavanel and Gilbert go here though.

Sprints should be good with Kittel and Greipel going head to head, Demare in good form and even Bos too. Be nice to see Danny Van Poppel right up there as well.

BELIEVE

CIC01F6_3498193F1_5552_20130315210238_HE10_20130316--473x264.jpg

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
manafana said:
same for me wiggins might win tt but do not see him hanging in next day not designed for that sort of day.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him lose time most days, no need to fight for position in the final of typical Eneco sprint stages.

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Orbit501 said:
Can't see Wiggins doing anything different to Tour of Poland - soft pedalling the whole way round except for the TT. This is just another opportunity for getting some race miles back in his legs, surely?

All the tough stages are after the time trial, if he wins the ITT, he'll be in the lead with 2 stages to go. At that point, you might as well just win it.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Lanark said:
All the tough stages are after the time trial, if he wins the ITT, he'll be in the lead with 2 stages to go. At that point, you might as well just win it.

This isn't 2012 where he could just go ahead and win it, just for the hell of it. It will be a little harder then that.

Lanark said:

That's true, TT will probably shape GC.

But it's a very short TT - I think the gaps will be small enough and there be enough good classics/puncheurs still in the hunt and up for the stage win/GC over the next two days to mean Wiggins won't be bothered.

On current form and desire, all adds up to Kelderman for me.

Edit: I should also add that the likes of Kelderman will ride right near the front and certainly won't allow themselves to be in any peloton time splits on the sprint stages. Again, I don't think Wiggins will be bothered if he's in any split and loses some time here and there.