• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Eneco Tour (WT) August 6 - 12

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Maaaaaaaarten said:
This race has become even more pathetic due to a lack of Ardennes.
I agree with you. I happen to be living in southern Belgium and, according to many people in the cycling circles around here, southern Belgium just does not care at all about cycling (remember that Flèche Wallonne and Liège are both organised by ASO nowadays). Sad but, judging by this year's course, apparently true...

snackattack

BANNED
Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
NN.jpg

snackattack

BANNED
Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
`Queen´ - stage 7

1. à 121 k: Leberg
2. à 117 k: Berendries
3. à 112 k: Valkenberg
4. à 104 k: Ten Bosse
5. à 101 k: Eikenmolen
6. à 91 k: Muur Geraards
7. à 85 k: Denderoordberg (cobbles)
8. à 58 k: La Houppe
9. à 53 k: Leberg (2)
10. à 49 k: Berendries (2)
11. à 44 k: Valkenberg (2)
12. à 36 k: Ten Bosse (2)
13. à 33 k: Eikenmolen (2)
14. à 23 k: Muur Geraards (2)
15. à 17 k: Denderoordberg (2)
16. à 5 k: Muur Geraards (3)

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Contador will win the stage to Geraardsbergen, you've read it here first. :cool:

I've had this in my head since I heard he would be racing here. Imagine him beating Boonen and all the other cobble riders, it would surely make up for the disappointments of this year's Tour.

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
jflemaire said:
I agree with you. I happen to be living in southern Belgium and, according to many people in the cycling circles around here, southern Belgium just does not care at all about cycling (remember that Flèche Wallonne and Liège are both organised by ASO nowadays). Sad but, judging by this year's course, apparently true...

Yeah, that is sad indeed :(

I just can't get over how crap this race is though. It's really not that hard to make a week long entertaining stage in the Netherlands and Belgium; it's like the organisers just don't want to.

They could do something like
1. flat sprint stage/prologue
2. Flanders stage
3. flat sprint stage (near coast -> echelons)
4. flat sprint stage
5. Limburg stage
6. Ardennes stage
7. 20km long TT

That would be a great week long stage race; it wouldn't be hard at all to design or organise a race like that I think.

snackattack

BANNED
Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
Goris team gets last wildcard

ACCENT JOBS - WILLEMS VERANDAS

DE WILDE (Sjef)
DRUCKER (Jean Pierre)
ISTA (Kevin)
SCHEIRLINCKX (Staf)
VAN DIJK (Stefan)
VAN GROEN (Arnoud)
VANLANDSCHOOT (James)
VERBIST (Evert)

According to the official website the cobbles on the Muur is the only stretch of cobble in the entire Eneco, so falling on it shouldn't be a real danger. Besides, he'll probably have Nuyens as road captain?

CasperVg said:
According to the official website the cobbles on the Muur is the only stretch of cobble in the entire Eneco, so falling on it shouldn't be a real danger. Besides, he'll probably have Nuyens as road captain?

It all doesn't matter because Contador will attack at the bottom and win with more then a minute. Yes he will create a gap of a minute on the Muur :p

TRENDING THREADS