• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Enzo Hincapie - next American Tour winner

Well I'm going to make a thread for the Samuel Sánchez - MMR Cycling Academy then. Not only is it lead by Samu, but it also has the sons of Carlos Sastre and Joseba Beloki riding for it.

I was just about to question your sanity regarding your decision to make a thread for a guy who's retired... and I'm pretty sure he has a thread.

I was thinking more; a thread for every rider, under the age of 35, who has won a UCI ranked race.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan
I was just about to question your sanity regarding your decision to make a thread for a guy who's retired... and I'm pretty sure he has a thread.

I was thinking more; a thread for every rider, under the age of 35, who has won a UCI ranked race.

I'm not saying every rider under 35 (nor over, for that matter) with a UCI victory should have threads. That would be ludicrous. I know we have some threads that were created when the rider was a teenager, but they were juniors and not 13-year olds.

Maybe EH is an insane talent (it would only be fiiting if he was born with a Ferrari engine), but the thread creator hasn't really made an effort to convince me about it.

I'm not saying every rider under 35 (nor over, for that matter) with a UCI victory should have threads. That would be ludicrous. I know we have some threads that were created when the rider was a teenager, but they were juniors and not 13-year olds.

Maybe EH is an insane talent (it would only be fiiting if he was born with a Ferrari engine), but the thread creator hasn't really made an effort to convince me about it.

He has convinced me.

Second!!

• Wow
I don't see the point of this thread, or the article on the news part of this website. He didn't win that race mentioned in the article and he didn't even finish in the top 10. Fair enough he's a 13 year old who's getting half decent in races that fully grown adults are competing in and doing quite well in races in his category, but there are many years between now and even first year as a junior. Things change and many riders develop differently through adolescence meaning that quite a few on the local scene (let alone national scene) could catch up to him by the time Hincapie is 17/18.