• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

EPO from a kiss?

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Why not? One rider justifies his EPO positives with the samples being held for 6 years before retesting, as if exogenous EPO appears out of thin air in urine.

So, you see stupid excuses like that all the time :p

Di Luca actually escaped a two year suspension on the basis that his hormone values were those of a child because he'd drank a lot of water :eek:

Jul 9, 2009
Visit site
Wow...I didn't really know how I was going to do it but I went to edit my post so I could move it to this forum and I don't know if it was when I clicked on the "go advanced" button or whether the Mods moved me over at that very same instant I clicked, but the next thing you know...BAM!...here I am in The Clinic. I feel like I just went through a wormhole. Any way, I'm sorry I didn't read the fine print. Hazards of being a newb. :rolleyes:

Jul 9, 2009
Visit site
Alan Quay said:

Yeah it's plausible, but in today's day and age the ITF comes across as gullible IMO. This is essentially the equivalent of baseball players and football players saying they they took an OTC supplement but didn't know it contained anything illegal. It's the "I didn't know I was exposing myself," excuse.

After all what's a "shy and reserved, honest and truthful and a man of integrity and good character" kind of guy doing in a place "notoriously associated with use of illegal recreational drugs including cocaine." Oh yeah he was there to listen to his friend the DJ. :rolleyes:

issoisso said:
Di Luca actually escaped a two year suspension on the basis that his hormone values were those of a child because he'd drank a lot of water :eek:
Kinda. He escaped because he played the game just right, nudging CONI to give him a light suspension under pressure.

Too bad Tom didn't have a relative take a trip to Bolivia and get some chocolates. ;)

TRENDING THREADS