• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

equal Oppertunity

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Don't know if I'd call it effective....but cue Tammy Thomas photo...

amd_tammy-thomas.jpg

A

Anonymous

Ibanez said:
So wrong. She is an attorney now I think?

And yeah, women's cycling has had its fair share of problems.

I am not sure about that. She was convicted of perjury, and I would think that the bar would not have admitted her. Maybe they made and exception?

May 21, 2010
Visit site
When I first saw that picture I thought it was yet another tired old British Comedy Troupe dressing in drag and taking the mick!

It's her "do" too! Looks like she flipped out in a 'roid rage and hacked her hair off with a fillet knife. Seriously, why didn't anyone pull her aside and have a little chat with her? You know...man to man!

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I wonder how many times a woman stepped into the ladies room, saw her standing there, and screamed?

Who is more of a man, Tammy Thomas or Lance?

I wonder if, while she was doping, she developed an inexplicable interest in automobiles and had a hard time articulating her feelings?

Maybe she is Tyler's twin? But she would crush Tyler.

May 20, 2010
Visit site
VeloGirl said:
And this is Tammy 5 years after that pic was taken -

11balco.190.jpg

Clearly off the PEDs. The drug tester said he didn't even recognize at the trial.

She looks a bit like Jack White. Sorry Jack.

the big ring

BANNED
Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
And "does". ;-)

What is almost as criminal as the doping that does occur is the absolute pittance women cyclists get paid compared to the men - and also the explanation for why so few dope: they could not afford it.

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
As the moderators (and many of the posters, including I am sure some of those who have posted here) are keen to delete and remove off topic posts then will the pedantic posts regarding spelling be removed?
Unfortunately some people may not be the best at spelling but usually it makes no difference to readers' understanding of the message, it certainly didn't in this case. Being a self appointed Grammar Policeman is quite pathetic.

*Please feel free to delete this as well.

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Every time I see that Tammy Stewart photo I am reminded how insidious they need to win can be with some athletes (heck with some people). She was willing to make herself look like a freak in order to achieve a win.

I do wonder though... Did she even see the transformation? Did she recognize herself in the mirror? Did anyone around her (her family, friends....) do anything to try and stop it?

TRENDING THREADS