• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Eschborn-Frankfurt (1.UWT) 1. May 2018 - 211 km

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Incredibly lame winner, but great race action. What a dumb move by Gaviria. Did Lampaert have to work that much for Gaviria to screw up like that?

Re:

El Pistolero said:
Incredibly lame winner, but great race action. What a dumb move by Gaviria. Did Lampaert have to work that much for Gaviria to screw up like that?
Seems like it. He missed the turn badly, but I very much doubt he would have made it with that attack anyways. He also closed a no name under flamme rouge, he needs to stay more calm.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
RedheadDane said:
Gigs_98 said:
Alexander Kristoff, master of world tour races which shouldn't be world tour races.

Such as MSR, RvV, and a few TdF stages. :p

---

And what just happened with the flags on the WT overall top 10? :lol:
Nobody will deny that Kristoff was one of the best cyclists in the world in 2014-2015, even better than Sagan imo, but since then he has really only won small races or crappy races that are artificially elevated by the UCI(which is something that really annoys me). The amount of crappy WT races Kristoff won is staggering. The same for the European Championships (which is another race that doesn't seem to catch on).

This race is WT, but Paris-Tours or Brabantse Pijl are not? That really hurts man.

Re: Re:

Bardamu said:
OlavEH said:
El Pistolero said:

What's so lame about Kristoff?
He is as uninspiring as a cyclist can get.

Can't see that he is so uinspiring compared to other sprinter types. And when I see that Valverde is one of the most popular cyclists on this forum, I wonder how people consider other cyclists as lame/uninspiring.

Re:

Hugo Koblet said:
That was really weird by Gaviria. I had a feeling he might try a Paris-Tours-esque attack and it looks like that was what he was trying. Then I have no idea what happened. Did he misread the turn or something?
He followed the motor in front of him, who took a different turn, and it nearly made Gaviria himself miss his own turn. It was obvious what he wanted to do, but his own dumb move cost him. That said, that motor should have no business of riding in front of the peloton in the last k.

Alexandre B. said:
Bardamu said:
OlavEH said:
El Pistolero said:

You spell Kittel wrong.
Da Ya Think I'm Sexy?
kittel.jpg

OlavEH said:
Bardamu said:
OlavEH said:
El Pistolero said:

Can't see that he is so uinspiring compared to other sprinter types. And when I see that Valverde is one of the most popular cyclists on this forum, I wonder how people consider other cyclists as lame/uninspiring.
Valverde has been over over praised here. He is a great rider.
TGAK is the great but some might under-rate him
Gaviria just too young. He got extremely high gifted talent. I won't surprise if he will be Sagan major challenger a few year later.
Sprinting speed is just one of the good thing from Gaviria. Years later, He might show that he has more when compared with traditional sprinters.
Let see, a cyclist is developing to be a top sprinter with top endurance, great TT ability but won't be dropped quickly on hills.

Kristoff is very consistent in these type of one day races - It's also noticeable that he's more patient in the final sprint compared to GT stages when he often goes too early - Great ride by Matthews after working earlier in the stage. - Finally have no idea why S.Bennett is riding this race when the Giro starts in three days.

TRENDING THREADS