• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

European Championships 2019 - Alkmaar

Page 9 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Great ride and win by Viviani.

He proves once again that he's more versatile than just a sprinter. You can discuss about him not being the fastest or the strongest, but he delivers in all kinds of sprints and even different kinds of races. He wins classics with a long distance, stages in all grand tours, he wins championships by being offensive and he became olympic champion in the omnium. Thus, he is among the very best of his generation, for sure when it comes to sprinting.

Grande Elia!

Reactions: Andy262
By my calculations, with todays results of the European Championships road race, GB just missed out on getting a full squad to the World Championships at home, because they dropped to 11th on the UCI nations rankings.

Prior to the race, GB (in 10th) had 7093.98 and Denmark (in 11th) 7030.08 - a difference of 63.9 points.

Moerkoev and Asgreen got 101 points - Lawless got 30, and it is the last counting race - the UCI ranking for worlds goes public tonight.

If my calculations are right, GB missed out by 7,1 points, and Denmark will get to field 8 riders at worlds, while GB can only select 6.

Reactions: Red Rick
By my calculations, with todays results of the European Championships road race, GB just missed out on getting a full squad to the World Championships at home, because they dropped to 11th on the UCI nations rankings.

Prior to the race, GB (in 10th) had 7093.98 and Denmark (in 11th) 7030.08 - a difference of 63.9 points.

Moerkoev and Asgreen got 101 points - Lawless got 30, and it is the last counting race - the UCI ranking for worlds goes public tonight.

If my calculations are right, GB missed out by 7,1 points, and Denmark will get to field 8 riders at worlds, while GB can only select 6.
That's pretty painful if true

Flattest race on earth. Guaranteed sprint finish.

EBrZiU2WkAEzsT7.jpg:large
This post didn't age very well

According to danish cycling site feltet.dk, the points after today are:

1Jakob Fuglsang2991
2Kasper Asgreen1039,45
3Michael Valgren832
4Søren Kragh718,75
5Michael Mørkøv580,55
6Martin Toft Madsen352,5
7Mikkel Bjerg343,83
8Alexander Kamp273
Total:7131,08

1Simon Yates1950
2Adam Yates1626,57
3Geraint Thomas1257,25
4Hugh Carthy673,5
5Chris Lawless518
6Tao Geoghegan Hart420
7Owain Doull359,66
8James Knox319
Total:7123,98

The points currently on the UCI website, are from the end of last week, and will be updated tonight.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts