• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Eurosport commentary

Page 71 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Singer01 said:
Cycle Chic said:
http://www.eurosport.co.uk/contactus.shtml

please contact eurosport on their feedback page and complain about Carlton Kirby.

nah, if i'm complaining about anything its the movement of the schedule at the drop of a hat.

That's a two-way street though - anything following a live stage in cycling gets bumped too. What is the solution? Sports like cycling, tennis, snooker etc don't follow a strict schedule. It would be even worse if the programme finished as scheduled yet missed the end of the event.

I'd seen a few mentions in earlier stages that suggested Eurosport's commentators are in Switzerland for the Tour de Suisse - Matt Stephens mentioned chatting to someone at the startline, Declan Quigley a remark about the weather where he was commentating compared to the pictures on-screen and I've just seen a tweeted picture from Matt of the view from the top of the Rettenbachferner glacier today. Fair enough they're there - a pic on Matt's twitter shows them in the box ready to go from a few days ago with their accreditation around their necks. But why for a race that Eurosport are hardly bothering to show? Tour Des Fjords got more coverage. Is it live on the ES website?

Good point - there was good coverage until the Aegon Tennis started and the WTA womens....I suppose eurosport give as much time to it as they can and then the higher viewing figures for tennis take over. Now what about that lizzie armistead crash - my god !

Re:

lemon cheese cake said:
Matt and Declan are live, in Switzerland. If you look at Matt's Twitter account, he has pictires of the finish and him standing under it.

Yeah,but WHY?? It's a race Eurosport aren't really giving much coverage to. They weren't even on site for the Giro. They hardly ever have the guys on site - I can only assume TdS are paying to bring people over, like Tour of Turkey does.

Watching the presentation of the route, the usual buttock-clenching embarrassment of a game host trying to converse with the Euro peloton in languages they do not understand. Is it beyond the wit of man to pick a few beforehand from each team and tell them, then have a few translators on standby if need be? "No English" (Bouhanni) or blank stare (Costa) thus avoided.