Eurosport commentary

Page 70 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Fearless Greg Lemond said:
BigMac said:
Eurosport is broadcasting Suisse?
Mmmmh:
http://www.tourdesuisse.ch/en/partner/

I dont see ASO in that list...

In the nineties Tour de Suisse was always broadcasted by Eurosport, that must have been before ASO[ciale] took over the sport?

There will be footage, Sporza for the win.
Lol touché.

Anyway, as long as SRF is providing the footage I'm a happy guy, they have the best pilots and cameramans.
 
It's on British Eurosport (as it was last year too) but not all stages are live. Must be tennis/snooker on or something! Edit: it's tennis, live on both channels all day.

They also have highlights of Route du Sud which I''ll edit in.

http://tv.eurosport.co.uk/search.shtml?query=cycling

Times of TdS broadcast:

Prologue: highlights 8pm (13/6)
Stage 1: live 4pm (14/6)
Stage 2: highlights 7pm (15/6)
Stage 3: highlights 7pm (16/6)
Stage 4: highlights 7.10pm (17/6)
Stage 5: highlights 7pm (18/6)
Stage 6: highlights 7pm (19/6)
Stage 7: highlights 6.30pm (20/6)
Stage 8: highlights 6pm (21/6)
 
Re: Re:

BigMac said:
Fearless Greg Lemond said:
BigMac said:
Eurosport is broadcasting Suisse?
Mmmmh:
http://www.tourdesuisse.ch/en/partner/

I dont see ASO in that list...

In the nineties Tour de Suisse was always broadcasted by Eurosport, that must have been before ASO[ciale] took over the sport?

There will be footage, Sporza for the win.
Lol touché.

Anyway, as long as SRF is providing the footage I'm a happy guy, they have the best pilots and cameramans.
British Eurosport still shows TdS, but not Eursport Germany / International from my knowledge.
 
Re: Re:

staubsauger said:
BigMac said:
Fearless Greg Lemond said:
BigMac said:
Eurosport is broadcasting Suisse?
Mmmmh:
http://www.tourdesuisse.ch/en/partner/

I dont see ASO in that list...

In the nineties Tour de Suisse was always broadcasted by Eurosport, that must have been before ASO[ciale] took over the sport?

There will be footage, Sporza for the win.
Lol touché.

Anyway, as long as SRF is providing the footage I'm a happy guy, they have the best pilots and cameramans.
British Eurosport still shows TdS, but not Eursport Germany / International from my knowledge.
That makes sense, I was wondering. Thanks.
 
Meanwhile on Portuguese ES, a few more gems.

LP: So, what BMC will wear yellow, which one is higher on GC?

PM: Navardauskas probably.

~

LP: It's Rohan Dennis who takes the lead, then. It's going to be hard to take the yellow from him, let's not forget he won the Tour of Alberta in the USA, two years ago.

~
There's so much wrong with this last one I don't even...
 
Re:

BigMac said:
Meanwhile on Portuguese ES, a few more gems.

LP: So, what BMC will wear yellow, which one is higher on GC?

PM: Navardauskas probably.

~

LP: It's Rohan Dennis who takes the lead, then. It's going to be hard to take the yellow from him, let's not forget he won the Tour of Alberta in the USA, two years ago.

~
There's so much wrong with this last one I don't even...
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
 
Re:

BigMac said:
Meanwhile on Portuguese ES, a few more gems.

LP: So, what BMC will wear yellow, which one is higher on GC?

PM: Navardauskas probably.

~

LP: It's Rohan Dennis who takes the lead, then. It's going to be hard to take the yellow from him, let's not forget he won the Tour of Alberta in the USA, two years ago.

~
There's so much wrong with this last one I don't even...
Piçarra out-stupiding Martins?!?!?!?!
 
Re: Re:

Libertine Seguros said:
BigMac said:
Meanwhile on Portuguese ES, a few more gems.

LP: So, what BMC will wear yellow, which one is higher on GC?

PM: Navardauskas probably.

~

LP: It's Rohan Dennis who takes the lead, then. It's going to be hard to take the yellow from him, let's not forget he won the Tour of Alberta in the USA, two years ago.

~
There's so much wrong with this last one I don't even...
Piçarra out-stupiding Martins?!?!?!?!
So it seems! But to be fair to Martins, it's becoming the norm.
 
Aug 26, 2014
2,148
0
0
Re:

HelloDolly said:
I thought Carlton Kirby was the limit until I had an afternoon of David Millar's voice and condescension :eek:
I must say, him and Ned Boulting don't make for riveting listening on the CDD. Neither voice has any animation. And Millar just makes me want to hit him, even when he's saying something interesting.
 
Re: Re:

Electress said:
HelloDolly said:
I thought Carlton Kirby was the limit until I had an afternoon of David Millar's voice and condescension :eek:
I must say, him and Ned Boulting don't make for riveting listening on the CDD. Neither voice has any animation. And Millar just makes me want to hit him, even when he's saying something interesting.
I feel the same way ....even though i know commentary is not easy ..its just their voices are a bit ...unexciting ...Maybe if the main comms was someone a bit more excitable for Millar to gel with
 
Aug 26, 2014
2,148
0
0
Re: Re:

HelloDolly said:
Electress said:
HelloDolly said:
I thought Carlton Kirby was the limit until I had an afternoon of David Millar's voice and condescension :eek:
I must say, him and Ned Boulting don't make for riveting listening on the CDD. Neither voice has any animation. And Millar just makes me want to hit him, even when he's saying something interesting.
I feel the same way ....even though i know commentary is not easy ..its just their voices are a bit ...unexciting ...Maybe if the main comms was someone a bit more excitable for Millar to gel with
It's funny, because Matt Stephens is pretty moderate and non-excitable, but I liked him a lot during the Giro and he worked better than Kelly, IMO, with Rob Hatch. Plus Stephens, whilst bringing his experience to bear, doesn't refer much to it except in the most self-deprecating, modest kind of way. Whereas with Boulting and Millar I'm very aware it's Millar and there's a slightly fawning tone to Boulting some times. And I find myself a little embarrassed for Boulting when Millar keeps correcting him.
 
Matt Stephens is great ..I agree
And yes Millar has a bit too much know it all condescension and he is not always right ...practically saying Bardet would not attack as Bardet was been set up for an attack today ...But he does have different and more recent insights into the peloton

its just he is so full of self importance ...aaaaahhhhh
 
Eurosport must love Matt Stephens. Every stage, every race, every team, every rider, every performance is "absolutely incredible" (and of course no team is more incredible than Sky). Ticks every box

Such a relief when Kelly came back in the Giro - not just because we actually got some reasonable race analysis but because Hatch had to actually think before he said the first thing that came into his head. Got to love when the lead commentator comes up with some excitable nonsense only to get a very brief reply or better still just silence from Kelly
 
Aug 26, 2014
2,148
0
0
Re:

Eyeballs Out said:
Eurosport must love Matt Stephens. Every stage, every race, every team, every rider, every performance is "absolutely incredible" (and of course no team is more incredible than Sky). Ticks every box

Such a relief when Kelly came back in the Giro - not just because we actually got some reasonable race analysis but because Hatch had to actually think before he said the first thing that came into his head. Got to love when the lead commentator comes up with some excitable nonsense only to get a very brief reply or better still just silence from Kelly
I didn't find that at all with Matt Stephens. :confused: And anyone will tell you, I am hypersensitized by endless allusions at all opportunities to Sky! I actually think he gets the balance quite well…is pretty fair on all riders and does not show anything like the Sky bias of ITV lot, or Kirby or Hatch.

HelloDolly said:
Matt Stephens is great ..I agree
And yes Millar has a bit too much know it all condescension and he is not always right ...practically saying Bardet would not attack as Bardet was been set up for an attack today ...But he does have different and more recent insights into the peloton

its just he is so full of self importance ...aaaaahhhhh
I loved Bardet all the more for that !! But yeah, the condescending tone of Millar makes me want him to fall flat on his face. Really gets my back up.
 
Re:

Captain Serious said:
I really like Henk Vogels as a commentator (here in Aus), coz he's not a try-hard and says what he thinks without giving a fark.
Other broadcasters could do much worse by hiring him
Hmmm, it'd be interesting to see how he'd go, because he's more of a secondary presenter than a commentator.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

Latest posts