• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Eurosport commentary

Page 259 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Of course its good. I guess he's a fine host and what not, but I really dislike his commentating which is just "lets dumb it down so every newbie understand it". Thats the real problem I have with him, and obviously he ain't commentating the Tour, but still a decent amount of big races that Ritter doesnt do on TV2. Hopefully Ritter will just take on some more races, and then its GG!

Of course its good. I guess he's a fine host and what not, but I really dislike his commentating which is just "lets dumb it down so every newbie understand it". Thats the real problem I have with him, and obviously he ain't commentating the Tour, but still a decent amount of big races that Ritter doesnt do on TV2. Hopefully Ritter will just take on some more races, and then its GG!

But Ritter will probably not do that, and then we risk having Sanne Jakobsen or Michael Stærke being the main commentator for the Vuelta for example. And those are much worse than Staghøj.

Tour of Turkey is not available in my native language, i tried to listen to it in English since i forgot how bad Kirby is, but Kirby is just so insufrable with no knowledge of the sport that he has been commenting on for yeeeeears and poor jokes that are not remotly funny. I just went over to another language that i dont understand, its honestly better.

Tour of Turkey is not available in my native language, i tried to listen to it in English since i forgot how bad Kirby is, but Kirby is just so insufrable with no knowledge of the sport that he has been commenting on for yeeeeears and poor jokes that are not remotly funny. I just went over to another language that i dont understand, its honestly better.

Yeah, I also have it on Dutch. I have no idea why GCN suddenly stopped using the Danish commentary.

Reactions: markene2
First CX World Cup this weekend, and will they have changed anything? MTB World Cup has presenters, commentators on site, and on-course reporters.......
Probably not. Probably not even a studio. I wouldn't be surprised if they only start broadcasting about 2 seconds after the lights go green, and commentary coughs into life during rhe second half of the first lap. It has been known...

Reactions: Axel Hangleck
Probably not. Probably not even a studio. I wouldn't be surprised if they only start broadcasting about 2 seconds after the lights go green, and commentary coughs into life during the second half of the first lap. It has been known...

Which is what I'm almost expecting - doing the bare minimum. Saying that, I'm hoping the feed from Flanders Classics has improved, and they've been watching the MTB coverage....(though, do Belgians watch MTB?)

Various commentators during the summer tried to convince me that pronouncing Lidl trek as leedal was the correct way.
Well in the UK anyway it is not or they have given up trying because their Christmas adverts are all pronounced as lid ul.

yes big on quality leeedal on price, doesnt quite have the same catchiness, but their Christmas advert involves a racoon delivering stuffed toys via the NY subway...so Im not sure quite what theyre trying to tell us with that. :)

but those various commentators who were insisting on Leedal, have a blindspot when it comes to the UK I find, there was one race this year where they were busy doing their normal this is the correct way to say this name thing, came to the GB rider and they just Dutchified it.