• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Eurosports guide to televised Cycling 2013

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
If I remember correctly Strade Bianci was live on ES last year, but i do not see it on this years schedule. Will it be somewhere besides dodgy streams?

Roude Leiw said:
If I remember correctly Strade Bianci was live on ES last year, but i do not see it on this years schedule. Will it be somewhere besides dodgy streams?

I think it's the unspecified live cycling at 14.30 next sunday, the Paris-Nice prologue is on at 16.00 going by this http://tv.eurosport.co.uk/tvschedule.shtml

There's also supposed to be live cycling on saturday afternoon - is that Roma Maxima? I can't see anything else on. The tv guide just says (helpfully!) 'action from a cycling event'.

argyllflyer said:
I think it's the unspecified live cycling at 14.30 next sunday, the Paris-Nice prologue is on at 16.00 going by this http://tv.eurosport.co.uk/tvschedule.shtml

There's also supposed to be live cycling on saturday afternoon - is that Roma Maxima? I can't see anything else on. The tv guide just says (helpfully!) 'action from a cycling event'.
Strade Bianche is Saturday, Roma Maxima is Sunday.

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Who was the chap commentating with Brian Smith at the weekend.

He is almost as annoying in his pronunciation of teams and riders as that guy Mike Smith they used to have back at the studio in Paris.

Astannnnnnnnnnnnnnnaaaaaaaaaaaa
A-she deuz air
Moosair

Now what was all that about. Is he a narrator of romantic novels or something?

Good moaning! Bon Jouree Rodney!

postmanhat said:
Possibly old news. But just saw an ad saying The Giro will be live on Eurosport :)

it's not old news.only thursday or so they signed the agreement
and the good news don't stop here
rcs races will have a lot more time on eurosport:
THREE HOURS for every giro d'italia stage...
and at least two hours for other races, tirreno, san remo, lombardia etc

eurosport,the home of cycling.

i hope though that in the future there will be mountain giro stages broadcast from start to finish like in le tour.

B_Ugli said:
Who was the chap commentating with Brian Smith at the weekend.

He is almost as annoying in his pronunciation of teams and riders as that guy Mike Smith they used to have back at the studio in Paris.

Astannnnnnnnnnnnnnnaaaaaaaaaaaa
A-she deuz air
Moosair

Now what was all that about. Is he a narrator of romantic novels or something?

Good moaning! Bon Jouree Rodney!

It's Rob Hatch, to be fair I like his consistent attempt to use the correct pronunciations, for example AG2R *is* "aah-jeh-deux-errr" rather than the anglified "eeh-gee-two-aar" used by Kirby and Harmon (or Hendon as they seem to be calling him this season?!).

jens_attacks said:
it's not old news.only thursday or so they signed the agreement
and the good news don't stop here
rcs races will have a lot more time on eurosport:
THREE HOURS for every giro d'italia stage...
and at least two hours for other races, tirreno, san remo, lombardia etc

eurosport,the home of cycling.

i hope though that in the future there will be mountain giro stages broadcast from start to finish like in le tour.

Just a shame so few of them are live though at this point and Saturday's coverage of Strade Bianche was a mess, due to be on delayed for a 90 min broadcast but instead they came on 40 mins earlier than advertised and showed the last 40km live, but I'm sure I wasn't the only one to turn on at the advertised time only to see the last 20km. The highlights show then proceeded to show 40-35km then (I think) an edited version of the last 20 km again.

Because of the clash with Paris-Nice, only 4 out of the 7 Tirreno stages will be live. But as you say, there will be 2hrs of them.

jens_attacks said:
well the other tirreno stages will be live on eurosport 2

As I said, 4 live, 3 not. There is live biathlon on and that means no live tirreno on those days. Paris-Nice is the one Eurosport are putting top priority so it stays live, tirreno goes delayed on Thursday, Saturday and Sunday.

This week's schedule, UK times:

Paris-Nice

Tuesday 5th March: Paris-Nice Stage 2 LIVE 1345 Eurosport 1
Wednesday 6th March: Paris-Nice Stage 3 LIVE 1345 Eurosport 1
Thursday 7th March: Paris-Nice Stage 4 LIVE 1345 Eurosport 2
Friday 8th March: Paris-Nice Stage 5 LIVE 1415 Eurosport 1
Saturday 9th March: Paris-Nice Stage 6 LIVE 1415 Eurosport 2
Sunday 10th March: Paris-Nice Stage 7 LIVE 1415 Eurosport 2

Tirreno-Adriatico

Wednesday 6th March: Tirreno-Adriatico Stage 1 LIVE 1330 Eurosport 2
Thursday 7th March: Tirreno-Adriatico Stage 2 (delayed) 1515 Eurosport 2
Friday 8th March: Tirreno-Adriatico Stage 3 LIVE 1330 Eurosport 2
Saturday 9th March: Tirreno-Adriatico Stage 4 (delayed) 1600 Eurosport 2
Sunday 10th March: Tirreno-Adriatico Stage 5 (delayed) 1600 Eurosport 2
Monday 11th March: Tirreno-Adriatico Stage 6 LIVE 1330 Eurosport 1
Tuesday 12th March: Tirreno-Adriatico Stage 7 LIVE 1330 Eurosport 1

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
kingjr said:
Buy Eurosport-Player, it's worth it.

Oh yeah, I'd second that.

RedheadDane, the Multiplex feature is simple to lose. Just load up whatever live program you want, obviously on the right there's Multiplex. Click the down pointing arrow above the top of the 2 boxes, select the ES channel you don't have in the main box, & it'll load there. But small though. I figure I'll just watch Tirreno & then catch highlights of Paris-Nice in the evening.

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
argyllflyer said:
Don't see how Eurosport Player solves the problem of Tirreno not being live at all for 3 of the stages - unless the website shows events live not shown on TV?

I used it in 2009 and I remember the Giro was live one hour or so before the TV. I know I bought it because I was tired watching all those Chupa Chups vs Humpa Lumpa matches in 1'st round of Roland Garos.

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
argyllflyer said:
Don't see how Eurosport Player solves the problem of Tirreno not being live at all for 3 of the stages - unless the website shows events live not shown on TV?

Damn, I didn't realise that Tirreno was getting shown delayed because of skiing over the weekend. That's a bummer