• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Euskal Herriko Itzulia 2018 - April 2-7

Page 26 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Terrible racing from Movi. They were 5 vs 1 at the foot of the penultimate climb and they paced Roglic almost on the top, surely he was strong but not invincible. They had at least to hit Arrate as hard as possible. Landa went too late for the stage. Mas absurd from the brake. I continue to perceive an enmity between Quintana and Linda, as well as a certain disunity between the Movies. I understand why Unzue forced Don Alejandro to return to the Tour.

Re:

EroicaStradeBianche said:
Terrible racing from Movi. They were 5 vs 1 at the foot of the penultimate climb and they paced Roglic almost on the top, surely he was strong but not invincible. They had at least to hit Arrate as hard as possible. Landa went too late for the stage. Mas absurd from the brake. I continue to perceive an enmity between Quintana and Linda, as well as a certain disunity between the Movies. I understand why Unzue forced Don Alejandro to return to the Tour.
There was not much Movistar could do with a short climb and steep. Not much pacing and too short. The difference in GC was already too much. And I didn't sense anything in the Movistar camp today like you did.

Re: Re:

DNP-Old said:
Alexandre B. said:
DNP-Old said:
jaylew said:
DNP-Old said:
Mas can become QSI's 20th victor, right?
11th winner on the season.
Ah, guess I overestimated them a bit.
That would've been insane.
Hey, it's Quick Step. :p Wouldn't rule out a Tim Declerq victory tomorrow.
Not going to happen but he deserves a win for all the hard work.

Re:

EroicaStradeBianche said:

Yep, another example from Movistar of how not to use the team effectively. They are like an anti-Quickstep and Landa seems to be adding to the problem, not solving it so far. To not really come close to winning either the GC or a single stage from this race, given the quality of riders they sent, is pretty disappointing.

So, what did you think of the race? i think that every stage was interesting and in the last two stages we have seen an interesting 50km, when many times riders jsut wait for the last few kms to move. It's a pity that the bad weather is coming just now, the race would have been much harder with the weather forecast for the next week

TRENDING THREADS