• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Evans and his meeting with Ferrari?

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
http://www.sbs.com.au/cyclingcentral/news/40401/doping-never-discussed-with-ferrari-says-evans

Anthony Tan, you banned me from twitter when I called you out on wilful ignorance of doping. And you are now jumping on a bandwagon, like Klaus Muller. What a joke.

Linda Pierce the cycling beat journo fom The Age (before Sam Lane, talking 2003ish-2010ish) knew of Evans and Ferrari link. CyclingHeroes the dutch journo, had the words from Evans at a Telekom training camp. Anthony Tan is about 10 years late. And you would never have had the integrity to go with it. What is Rob Arnold saying

AusCyclingFan94 ball is in your court.

someone ask Thomas Frei off the record
http://www.thomas-frei.ch
twitter @thomasfrei

Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au
Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
sniper said:
Evans is gonna get a heroic reception at the Tour Down Under.
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/evans-to-be-feted-at-2015-tour-down-under

Cycling's hypocricy summed up for you.
watch GreenEdge work for him at Nationals and at TDU in Jan, and Turtur doing everything in his power at this late stage to make him the winner. If Orica are working for him at both races, and BMC, and Tim Roe, and some other ring ins, no way he will lose nationals, and there is a chance folks can beat him at TDU, but still odds on.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
thrawn said:
Not sure where the hypocrisy is here?

Home town hero gets celebrated in his final races? Seems normal to me.
exactly.
it's a thin line between hero and villain.
this guy raced all through the dark era, did what everybody else did, only without getting caught.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
sniper said:
exactly.
it's a thin line between hero and villain.
this guy raced all through the dark era, did what everybody else did, only without getting caught.
expressed fealty to Armstrong when Armstrong returned, albeit, unlike Wigans, he did not say "I love him, he has been so good and done so much for cycling"

not exactly sentiment expressed if one thinks they got cheated

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Dear Wiggo said:
did you watch any SBS coverage where tan sits on the couch and looks as comfortable as a frog in a saucepan of boiling water?

panache my left hairy big toe.
facetious. he always used to say panache every second phrase when talking about Andy Schleck during the Tour in about 2011 when Toma roped him in to the post wrap coverage at the finishing media

he looks as lifelike as one of tinkov's babushka doll

though he likes wearing garish colours especially the blue velvet blazer. the best link was to an interview with Cav in about 2011 at TDU when Cav treated him with manifest contempt. laffs a minute

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Dear Wiggo said:
Willing to be proven wrong, but from the very few posts and most of the headlines I have read, Tan writes troll articles purely as click bait.

........This

Tan's act is tired. It is hard to take him seriously.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
86TDFWinner said:
Did he? have their ever been any positives or not proving either way? I'd like to think Cadel is/was clean, but we just don't know, do we?
ask Thomas Frei and Rene Schuijlenburg and Bolts

Benotti69 said:
No way Evans rode clean, no way!

I just checked in and saw this thread and came to be enlightened about Evans. And yet as far as I can tell it turns out is the same tired old connection to his test with Ferrari - or something Anthony Tan said :confused:. There was also the Cadel Evans a clean champion thread. You guys had your chance to come up with something concrete and yet all I read is innuendo, hearsay and conjecture. Sorry but not convincing.

I'm not saying Cadel was clean - I dropped in hoping to see something new. But you've got to come up with something better than "no way no way" - that just sounds like you can't accept he might be. Frankly the 'evidence' is still rather unimpressive upon closer inspection. A case for him being clean (or cleaner) can be made based upon his performances relative to known dopers since 2005.

Why do I still think this? Because from all I have read Oxygen vector doping boosts aerobic threshold power between 5 and 15% - not 30 or 40%. There is room for overlap between gifted talent and less gifted dopers.

As 86TDFWinner says - I too would like to think Cadel is/was clean, but we still don't know, do we.

Cookster15 said:
I just checked in and saw this thread and came to be enlightened about Evans. And yet as far as I can tell it turns out is the same tired old connection to his test with Ferrari - or something Anthony Tan said :confused:. There was also the Cadel Evans a clean champion thread. You guys had your chance to come up with something concrete and yet all I read is innuendo, hearsay and conjecture. Sorry but not convincing.

I'm not saying Cadel was clean - I dropped in hoping to see something new. But you've got to come up with something better than "no way no way" - that just sounds like you can't accept he might be. Frankly the 'evidence' is still rather unimpressive upon closer inspection. A case for him being clean (or cleaner) can be made based upon his performances relative to known dopers since 2005.

Why do I still think this? Because from all I have read Oxygen vector doping boosts aerobic threshold power between 5 and 15% - not 30 or 40%. There is room for overlap between gifted talent and less gifted dopers.

As 86TDFWinner says - I too would like to think Cadel is/was clean, but we still don't know, do we.

We do know - because Cadel would need to have been 5-10% a better rider than Contador Rasmussen et al, in a sport where the top 100 are usually within 1-2% of each other.

Common sense.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Cookster15 said:

Join all the dots about Evans and there are lots, he doesn't come up smiling of roses, in fact he rather comes up smelling of manure on the roses.

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
Digger said:
We do know - because Cadel would need to have been 5-10% a better rider than Contador Rasmussen et al, in a sport where the top 100 are usually within 1-2% of each other.

Common sense.

If the top 100 are within 1-2% of each other why would Evans need to be 5-10% better than Contador?

It also suggests that number 100 only needs to improve 2% to be the best.

TRENDING THREADS