• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

"Evans' Olympic Dream..."

Am I the only one clicked on this title wondering what was going on with Cadel Evans, only to discover this was about some American woman??
I remember the same annoyance with "Armstong" articles referring to some another American woman who shared the same name...

When reading about Evans or Armstrong, I (and most likely others here) would expect to be reading about Cadel or Lance.

So,

To the editors of Cyclingnews,

Can you please avoid such confusion with your article titles?

Thank You.

A.

Libertine Seguros said:
Was the picture of Shelley Evans next to the article not enough to alert you that it mightn't be about Cadel?

And to be honest, I'd much rather know more about Kristin Armstrong's PB2012 team than yet more about Lance.

there was no picture on the home page where the list of article titles is listed... :rolleyes:

Agree about Lance, as I'm not a fan, but plenty are and regardless, probably don't appreciate being misled.

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Libertine Seguros said:
Was the picture of Shelley Evans next to the article not enough to alert you that it mightn't be about Cadel?

And to be honest, I'd much rather know more about Kristin Armstrong's PB2012 team than yet more about Lance.

so true :p

TRENDING THREADS