• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Evans to return to MTB for Olympics?

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
Rip:30 said:
jtrnnlenker.jpg

Try riding comparable or even rougher courses on some of the old equipment.

I beg you, more monster cross!

this is pure inspiration for my next 29er build

love the disc rear wheel and the canti's

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
bc_hills said:
This is an awesome shot! Giant balls of steel. He probably flosses his teeth with barbed wire.
Boeing said:
...pure inspiration...

...love the disc rear wheel and the canti's
And that fork! Which, I can tell you, is actually at both maximum extension and compression in the pic.:eek:

Black-Balled said:
And that fork! Which, I can tell you, is actually at both maximum extension and compression in the pic.:eek:

Hey! Suspension forks were a revelation even at such short travel. Those Tomac shots were from when he was riding road for Motorola.

And FYI, that disk wheel was pretty novel at the time. It used a cable instead of spokes. Tioga was right to get Tomac to race with it. I don't think they would have sold a single one otherwise. http://www.bikeman.com/attic/museum/tiogadiskdrive.htm