• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Everybody needs a little bit of Roglstomp in their lives

Page 653 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
This is Primož Roglič we're talking about, aka keep Contador out of this.

An ITT performance like the one in Itzulia absolutely is a benchmark for this rider, especially since the gap would have been humongous without his route mistake.
Roglic is always a monster in this type of TT. Don't be fooled by him. We can say the opposite of Vingegaard. Dauphiné will give us a clear picture and I believe he will deliver.

He looked very strong in Itzulia, where he won the ITT in a very strong field, despite making a mistake in one of the corners.

I was actually a little surprised that he couldn't contest the bunch sprint on stage 2. He said he wanted to try but couldn't. His TT was really, really good but I still want to see him be good in a road stage this year.

Then again, they did say it was all about the Tour this season.

I was actually a little surprised that he couldn't contest the bunch sprint on stage 2. He said he wanted to try but couldn't. His TT was really, really good but I still want to see him be good in a road stage this year.

Then again, they did say it was all about the Tour this season.
Probably it was a wise decision not to take a risk against a bunch of 5th tier riders in the narrow damp finish. As none of the GC guys did.

Roglič was good today, he got his kick back after the lack of it in Paris-Nice, but Bora tactics (and general team form) were definitely not okay. If you plan on going for the stage you don't let a breakaway like this get 5 minutes. And most of the team, except Vlasov and Haller, were basically useless. Seriously, Denz exploded on a 2% drag 50km to the finish, Jungels went bacwards as soon as the climb began. Sobrero was okay I guess, but should hold on much longer when you look at the size of the group. If those guys were better you wouldn't need to use Vlasov and Hindley (who is never going to be any help on a false flat drag to the line). And Vlasov would then be left fresh for the leadout. Which would likely mean Roglič would win.

The team definitely has a lot of work to do in the next three weeks. Or they need Martinez/Lipowitz. Beacause this is not a team that could defend a potential GC leader in the Tour...

Roglič was good today, he got his kick back after the lack of it in Paris-Nice, but Bora tactics (and general team form) were definitely not okay. If you plan on going for the stage you don't let a breakaway like this get 5 minutes. And most of the team, except Vlasov and Haller, were basically useless. Seriously, Denz exploded on a 2% drag 50km to the finish, Jungels went bacwards as soon as the climb began. Sobrero was okay I guess, but should hold on much longer when you look at the size of the group. If those guys were better you wouldn't need to use Vlasov and Hindley (who is never going to be any help on a false flat drag to the line). And Vlasov would then be left fresh for the leadout. Which would likely mean Roglič would win.

The team definitely has a lot of work to do in the next three weeks. Or they need Martinez/Lipowitz. Beacause this is not a team that could defend a potential GC leader in the Tour...

Very good assessment, I would say.

Reactions: DoYouEvenRideBruh
Not a stage win just yet but in my opinion close enough to be optimistic. Tomorrow is a good opportunity to try again. I don't mind if tactically Bora decided to go full gas today, to stress test the team. It's important to do that at this point to detect potential issues and to then try to mitigate them, starting tomorrow i am sure that tactics will already start to play a role.