• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Everybody needs a little bit of Roglstomp in their lives

Page 77 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
This is gold...you guys want some more info about this photo? :)

Looks like Roglič got roughed up by Bernal to take all the glory and girls, but he's still happy just to be there :)

EhikqH6WsAUbAl7

How can Primoz fly up the mountains?

Well, he is the ultimate wingman.

• Haha
Reactions: Red Rick
He gonna be the most famous ski jumper ever no?
I don't know about that. He's probably not even the most famous ski jumper in Slovenia yet. Ski jumping is like a national sport there.

But he is a fantastic cyclist and that's all I care about. I'm extremely thankful he switched sports. Imagine being deprived of this champion in a sport you love. I wonder how many hidden gems are out there competing in the wrong sport. We'll never know I guess.

I don't know about that. He's probably not even the most famous ski jumper in Slovenia yet. Ski jumping is like a national sport there.

But he is a fantastic cyclist and that's all I care about. I'm extremely thankful he switched sports. Imagine being deprived of this champion in a sport you love. I wonder how many hidden gems are out there competing in the wrong sport. We'll never know I guess.
I imagine it's plenty of people. I think we're all better off not knowing all the missed what ifs.

Reactions: Krzysztof_O
He had looked at Nibali's trophy cabinet and hasn't lost a stage race since.

What likely happened, after the Giro 2019, Nibali went home and polished his trophy cabinet, in silence. Roglič went home and said Lora, we need a new cabinet, there by the book shell. Lora doing the usual face expression, like the one when Roglič talks about watts.

Point being, i can see both polishing their trophy cabinet, before the Giro 2021. And grown men wearing pink, that always adds to the charisma!

What likely happened, after the Giro 2019, Nibali went home and polished his trophy cabinet, in silence. Roglič went home and said Lora, we need a new cabinet, there by the book shell. Lora doing the usual face expression, like the one when Roglič talks about watts.

Point being, i can see both polishing their trophy cabinet, before the Giro 2021. And grown men wearing pink, that always adds to the charisma!
Next time you meet

"So you were sick that Giro and not merely afraid of winning"

Reactions: CyclistAbi
I remember a couple of years back. I'm not really sure when it was, maybe
before Tour of Slovenia or before Nationals. In a press conference Roglič only half jokingly said to Pogačar: "You have to wait your turn. Leave us a couple more years so we can finish our careers then you can start winning."
Everybody laughed, Pogačar too. But as we can see now, Tadej wasn't impressed. He started winning right away. Still, up to now Roglič has had the upper hand in their battles. But this Tour could be a turning point. I'm hyped AF. Hopefully there's an intriguing battle ahead of us.

Yeah his 2020 so far:
National Road Championships -- 1st Road race
1st Overall Tour de l'Ain + 1st Stages 2 & 3
1st Stage 2 Critérium du Dauphiné
Tour de France 1st Stage 4

Looks like 6 wins to me :).
He mentioned specifically stage races. Since facing Nibali in the Giro he has won La Vuelta and Tour de'l Ain. I forgot about the latter at first. He would have most probably won Dauphine also without the crash. So yeah, he's been doing well. But it's not like he become this good only after the Giro. He was almost unbeatable in stage races even before his tour of Nibali's trophy cabinet.

He mentioned specifically stage races. Since facing Nibali in the Giro he has won La Vuelta and Tour de'l Ain. I forgot about the latter at first. He would have most probably won Dauphine also without the crash. So yeah, he's been doing well. But it's not like he become this good only after the Giro. He was almost unbeatable in stage races even before his tour of Nibali's trophy cabinet.

Who specifically mentioned stage races and where?
EDIT: Never mind I see Red Rick's post above.

Dumo said Roglic felt really good so they were really trying for the stage today.

I just looked at the sprint again and Roglic's gearing looks a little big.

Also, the finish was a bit higher up the climb than in Tour de l'Ain and Roglic pretty much went in the same place as in Tour de l'Ain so I think he potentially misjudged the finish

Dumo said Roglic felt really good so they were really trying for the stage today.

I just looked at the sprint again and Roglic's gearing looks a little big.

Also, the finish was a bit higher up the climb than in Tour de l'Ain and Roglic pretty much went in the same place as in Tour de l'Ain so I think he potentially misjudged the finish

idk

View: https://youtu.be/MPR2nXGS7_I?t=163

it's a slightly different finish, but not significantly

I think Roglič looked really solid today (Stage 15). Pogačar was sensational, of course. It looked to me like Roglič started his big effort at the end a bit too early, possibly with the thought that he could potentially put bigger time into the closest rivals--but then guys like Porte and Pogi were ready and able, so it is what it is.

TRENDING THREADS