• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Everybody needs a little bit of Roglstomp in their lives

Page 126 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
We can see now how Jumbo Visma is actually a weak team if Roglič is not racing. +VWA not racing, not achieving anything at all. Kruisjw., Kuss, all underperforming. Hopefully Dumoulin will be back at his best, maybe. But Roglič not racing, means zero results to the Jumbo Visma. The biggest asset of a Jumbo Visma team of all time
Tbf, Steven Kru was never the kind of guy to get lots of good results outside of gts.

For the past two years the team is basically only Primož and Wout. This year only Vingegaard has a win to his name besides those two (not counting Bennets NC win). Last year after the restart Bennet got one win, Kuss another. The rest were all Wout and Primož. Without those two riders the whole team would have 3 World Tour wins in the past two seasons! Two coming at UAE Tour and one at the Dauphine. That is it. Compare that to amount of riders winning in Quickstep or Ineos... and you see that without Van Aert and Roglič, Jumbo Visma would be a second rate team.

Reactions: Gregor_Slovenia
I fail to see the relevance/relation of this song to the topic we are discussing here. Please, enlighten me....

Finding yourself at the beginning of a new challenge in times when you don't know what is that step that will take you further. Taking that first step, being successful. That part in the middle, where he is reaching out, through the side of the fence. That was TDF 2020. As for the quoted part, he did finish second. Hence one more step! Just like the dancer, getting up, going forward, taking the foot back, for a mere second and after jumping on that last step or better podium.

P.S. Could be i misinterpret it, but that i guess what art is all about.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sandisfan
Finding yourself at the beginning of a new challenge in times when you don't know what is that step that will take you further. Taking that first step, being successful. That part in the middle, where he is reaching out, through the side of the fence. That was TDF 2020. As for the quoted part, he did finish second. Hence one more step! Just like the dancer, getting up, going forward, taking the foot back, for a mere second and after jumping on that last step or better podium.

P.S. Could be i misinterpret it, but that i guess what art is all about.
I’m not gonna lie to you - this is much more advanced than I thought it would be;)

I’m not gonna lie to you - this is much more advanced than I thought it would be;)

Yeah, should have likely go with something being a bit more to the punch. While we are waiting:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4u1Smiiwnks

P.S. I usually watch some YouTube videos before i feel asleep on a mobile phone and lately Roglič just keeps emerging under favourites.

Training with Johan Clarey, the alpine skier

oEp7Na5.png

I just read a fresh interview with Roglič.

Team decided to change the approach towards 2021 TdF completely because of fatigue he usually felt in the 3rd week of GT races. Olympic games were another reason they decided to start him fresh as possible. Chance of a crash in races before TdF was not an important factor in this decision. He's also the type of rider that doesn't need to race himself into form.

They also know he feels really good in weeks after high altitude training so starting the most important GT race right after was a good call and a no brainer.

I think this could be the best version of Roglič yet. Against the best version of Pogačar. Against the best version of a GT team ever (Ineos).

If all this doesn't get you excited about 2021 TdF...

He's doing some major deflecting there. Hopefully while smiling inside about how Strong he feels :).
That may be one of the stereotypes about east Europeans that is quite spot on. A public display of confidence is often perceived as arrogance - that's why people will rarely assume a position of confidence. It doesn't necessarily mean he can't handle the pressure or that he's not confident. It could very well be he's very confident indeed and he's just being polite.

65900795.jpg

Nice, down to earth and lengthy talk and interview with local media. In cycling he likes the number 1. Contrary to when he went to school and didn't find the grade 1 all that appealing. It motivates him to compete against Tadej as Tadej is forcing him to be better. His ideal weight is around 65kg and as for 6.5 W/kg. Just a number to Primož that doesn't matter all that much. You basically should not go slower then the guys around you. That is what matters in the end. Getting his first bike at 22, does this make him do more beginner mistakes, directly graduating and not going through the primary school of cycling. Yes, but he is a quick learner and tries to learn from such mistakes. TT preparations are going well this year and he is interested in Olympics TT too. Says there are 3 of them and only one spot available. Such decisions will get made after Tour. As for how they plan to approach the Tour. More like last years Tour or Vuelta. Roglič says that likely somewhere in the lines of taking the best of both worlds. In private he doesn't read too much media regarding him. Finds support in his family and just tries to be Primož, when he is back at home.

For the past two years the team is basically only Primož and Wout. This year only Vingegaard has a win to his name besides those two (not counting Bennets NC win). Last year after the restart Bennet got one win, Kuss another. The rest were all Wout and Primož. Without those two riders the whole team would have 3 World Tour wins in the past two seasons! Two coming at UAE Tour and one at the Dauphine. That is it. Compare that to amount of riders winning in Quickstep or Ineos... and you see that without Van Aert and Roglič, Jumbo Visma would be a second rate team.
You build a team to win Formula 1 or to win the Indy Series. Apples to tangerines doesn't mean much. The best teams are dedicated, not divided and how many GTs has DQS won lately?

That, and being rated number 5 by the Odds makers; according to CN should offer some motivation and media deflection for about 8 stages. Pogi will also start hemming and hawing about how good Carapaz is real soon, too. And Geraint. And Egan...who is not there. Whatever.
He is no.2 favourite in every betting site. That's just a subjective CN article, where they rate riders' form. They put Roglič fifth because he hasn't raced for 2 months, but they aknowledge he is still Pogačar's main opponent. Nobody cares about their rating and I'm pretty sure Roglič doesn't even know it exists. He has the motivation to win the Tour, that's all the motivation he needs.

Reactions: Sandisfan

TRENDING THREADS