• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Everybody needs a little bit of Roglstomp in their lives

Page 143 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
We’ll see. There was a TTT in 09, 11, 13, 15, 18, & 19. It’d also ease the logistics if it’s the first French stage, as there’s no early rest day. Pure speculation, but I’d guess a length of ~35 km.
From the Vingegaard Thread Also
Someone mentioned in another thread the possibility of a TTT next year at the TDF... The question is, if they did have one and if Rohan Dennis does sign with JV how much time would a line up that included Roglic, Dumoulin, Rohan Dennis, Jonas Vinegegaard, ET AL, gain on the UAE team using a medium and short version for estimate of KMs. Not that this is likely but for arguments sake?

You forgot Van Aert, maybe Foss and Affini, too. A scary team for TTT.

I believe there would be big protestations if there was a TTT of that length and JV brought most/many/or all of those strong time-trialists Who can also climb and go well on the flats. I think that such a team might well get over a minute on GC early in the TDF.

P.S. Just a thought would Pogi consider doing the Giro-Vuelta double if the next TDF had a medium longish TTT. After having won two TDFs in a row. Probably not since since sponsors think there is only one real GT (well casual fans who make up the sponsors customers think there is only one GT OH Well).

Last edited:
Who changed my thread title?:mad:
Can't you edit it anymore? It'd be nice if his name was spelled correctly.

May I suggest an antimetabole? »The Tony Rominger was the old Primož Roglič thread«, although I would prefer: »Tony Rominger was the old Primož Roglič, the current Primož Roglič had bad luck in France, now it's over«. If it is too long (and it is), the short and sweet »Tony Rominger was Primož Roglič is« is the best I can think of (yes, I like it vague).

May I suggest an antimetabole? »The Tony Rominger was the old Primož Roglič thread«, although I would prefer: »Tony Rominger was the old Primož Roglič, the current Primož Roglič had bad luck in France, now it's over«. If it is too long (and it is), the short and sweet »Tony Rominger was Primož Roglič is« is the best I can think of (yes, I like it vague).

How is that too long when we've got madness like the Peters thread, and the Jorgenson thread? Or are those too long too?

Reactions: Sandisfan
E5x4VVEUYBA7W03

In the narrative sense of a "Hero's Journey" (based on mythology), Primoz Roglic has reached that moment where the hero has hit rock bottom, i.e. his lowest ebb.

In this instance it's characterized by the world's number one ranked cyclist sitting in a roadside ditch getting wasted whilst his teammate fights for a podium in the Tour.

Although from this point things will get better, starting with a training montage (Rocky Eye of the Tiger style) in preparation for the Olympics, then the Vuelta.

TRENDING THREADS