• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Everybody needs a little bit of Roglstomp in their lives

Page 144 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Next year Tour has three rest days including one after three Danish stages.
Uh, no?
EDIT: My mistake!

When it was first announced, they said there wouldn't be an early rest day for the transfer, but I can see on the dates that the first stage is a Friday.

EDIT2: Well, searching for it, it seems like there was a rest day planned from the start. I wonder how I got the impression that it wasn't.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sandisfan
In the narrative sense of a "Hero's Journey" (based on mythology), Primoz Roglic has reached that moment where the hero has hit rock bottom, i.e. his lowest ebb.

In this instance it's characterized by the world's number one ranked cyclist sitting in a roadside ditch getting wasted whilst his teammate fights for a podium in the Tour.

Although from this point things will get better, starting with a training montage (Rocky Eye of the Tiger style) in preparation for the Olympics, then the Vuelta.

You forgot the reluctant hero aspect to it. Richard Plugge turns up at the ditch, shares a beer and hamburger with him and tries to persuade him to ride the Tour next year. But Roglic isn't interested. Their last hope is to fly in Miguel Indurain, who tells him that cycling needs him and that he's the only one that can take on the invincible Pogacar. Finally he agrees...

Onto Tokyo

E6uwhSTXIAE6XHS

According to SI Olympics Team doctor no longer feels anything from the injuries and is in good shape.

Personally I doubt it is true, you don't just heal up in ~2 weeks after grating yourself all over the body. I guess the road will tell the truth.

According to SI Olympics Team doctor no longer feels anything from the injuries and is in good shape.

Personally I doubt it is true, you don't just heal up in ~2 weeks after grating yourself all over the body. I guess the road will tell the truth.
I think it's well possible.

However I think deep into the race the riders that did most of the Tour will have a benefit over him.

It's been three and half weeks since stage 3 of the Tour (and almost 3 weeks between his withdrawal and Olympic RR). I think Rog will be fine.

As for thread title. My take:

Primož Roglič aka Rogla
Primož Roglič aka Rogla (stomp)

As for the Olympics. Looking forward to that especially after the disappointment Tour 2021 ended up to be, regarding Roglič. Both RR and TT should suit Roglič (and Pogačar) rather well.

P.S. And to not break the tradition good luck in Tokyo, Primož!

TRENDING THREADS