• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Everybody needs a little bit of Roglstomp in their lives

Page 220 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Amazing ride from Primoz, on a beautiful stage

FPhtNLIXMAQVK-c

Last edited:
Yes, he was fantastic today. Rogla at his best, a pleasure to watch.

I think the race will be challenging tho. Everybody knows he is the man to beat and I don't think the Jumbo team is that strong here. Probably they'll try to use Vingegaard again as a 1b option, I guess. Exciting stages ahead of us. Crazy, eh!? Bring it on!
His speed through the corners was truly amazing.

What a great ride :D
I have a small question, though: since I don‘t really know most of the team that Jumbo brought to this race, are there any reliable mountain domestiques other than Sepp? I suppose you can‘t really expect Jonas to work as a domestique...

Reactions: Sandisfan
I have a small question, though: since I don‘t really know most of the team that Jumbo brought to this race, are there any reliable mountain domestiques other than Sepp? I suppose you can‘t really expect Jonas to work as a domestique...

Unless Rogla struggles or has some bad luck in regards to positioning, tactics, injuries or less likely if JV made any other plans then both Kuss and Vingegaard are here for supporting Rogla. If they are in good shape this should likely suffice and can be considered as having a good level of support in mountains. As for other members of the team. I guess lets see how they will perform on this race. And then there is the famous Chris Harper.

Harper should be solid and then lord Vader is a bit of an unknown as he's new to road cycling. Leemreize is a big GC hope, but as I see it he was the only Dutch climber of his generation so he got a WT contract with the squad. Eenkhorn is for work on the flat.

Reactions: No Risk No Glory
Unless Rogla struggles or has some bad luck in regards to positioning, tactics, injuries or less likely if JV made any other plans then both Kuss and Vingegaard are here for supporting Rogla. If they are in good shape this should likely suffice and can be considered as having a good level of support in mountains. As for other members of the team. I guess lets see how they will perform on this race. And then there is the famous Chris Harper.
I actually hope he gets help from Vingegaard, it just seems like Jonas is going to get more freedom this year... Let‘s see how it works out. Can’t wait until tomorrow‘s stage begins :p

Reactions: CyclistAbi
Yes, he was fantastic today. Rogla at his best, a pleasure to watch.

I think the race will be challenging tho. Everybody knows he is the man to beat and I don't think the Jumbo team is that strong here. Probably they'll try to use Vingegaard again as a 1b option, I guess. Exciting stages ahead of us. Crazy, eh!? Bring it on!
I expect Rogla to attack and win stage 3 with a race winning gap.

I expect Rogla to attack and win stage 3 with a race winning gap.
Where do you expect him to attack? On the second Ozeka climb? Do you expect him to win solo? I don't know man....that's a 30km solo on terrain that's very suitable to both Remco and JA, with a strong INEOS squad also there. He'd have to replicate some of Pogačar's madness. I know he is capable, but he's still no Masnada. Of course he can maybe get clear with a couple of riders (Yates and Higuita for example), work together and drop them on the last wall of 500m about 7km from the finish. But I still find it hard to see how and where he could produce a comfortable race winning gap.

Where do you expect him to attack? On the second Ozeka climb? Do you expect him to win solo? I don't know man....that's a 30km solo on terrain that's very suitable to both Remco and JA, with a strong INEOS squad also there. He'd have to replicate some of Pogačar's madness. I know he is capable, but he's still no Masnada. Of course he can maybe get clear with a couple of riders (Yates and Higuita for example), work together and drop them on the last wall of 500m about 7km from the finish. But I still find it hard to see how and where he could produce a comfortable race winning gap.
Terrain is very suitable for Alaphilippe normally, but not Evenepoel.

Personally I don't really see the point of going bananas unless he's behind and it's stage 6.

TRENDING THREADS