• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Everybody needs a little bit of Roglstomp in their lives

Page 234 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Not that slow I think... probably packing or already on his way to Denmark.

We could enjoy some Galibier. AFAIK the highest point of this years edition. And a good chance to win 5000 euros. Likely by Kuss going for KoM. And experience some Tignes and Rogla thumbs up on his road sections. But we can't as IG doesn't work here anymore. I guess we will just have to settle with the Tour then. And a pair of flip flops and a banana.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Sandisfan
This was a bump wasn't it? Pogacar is now only just over two thousand posts behind. Can't let that kid dominate everything :)
There is no need to be worried. On the day the Pogacar thread was created the Roglic thread had just 676 posts. Since then the gap has been increasing
Vuelta 2019 - 1000 posts
Tour 2020 - 1200 posts
Tour 2021 - 1400 posts
Today - 2000 posts

There is no need to be worried. On the day the Pogacar thread was created the Roglic thread had just 676 posts. Since then the gap has been increasing
Vuelta 2019 - 1000 posts
Tour 2020 - 1200 posts
Tour 2021 - 1400 posts
Today - 2000 posts
This must have taken quite some effort to “measure”.

Anyway - Roglic will always have a better story than Pogacar. You simply can’t beat a late bloomer, coming from completely different sport, losing TDF in the final stage then rebounding like he did. It’s only fair he has that many posts over Pogi…

This must have taken quite some effort to “measure”.

Anyway - Roglic will always have a better story than Pogacar. You simply can’t beat a late bloomer, coming from completely different sport, losing TDF in the final stage then rebounding like he did. It’s only fair he has that many posts over Pogi…

Roglic has the most interesting background of them all, no doubts. He's such a fu**ing legend.

image.jpg

Doing emojis a day before the start. C'mon guys. Stop goofing around. You have a race to win.

64987747_primoz-roglic.jpg

A rather lenghty article in local media. Gathering a lot of key points in Roglič career so far.

64987747_primoz-roglic.jpg

A rather lenghty article in local media. Gathering a lot of key points in Roglič career so far.
I like that kit—was that his 1st continental team?

I like that kit—was that his 1st continental team?

Yes. Adria Mobil.

A few things from the article. Interestingly Rogla moved to Adria Mobil from Rog. The same club Pogi was a member of. But as the article says he was basically too old for Rog at that time and he was enlisted as a recreational cyclist at Rog. Still the likes of Hauptman and Polanc (father of Jan Polanc) played a role.

His first bike and apparel cost him around 5000 euros. He needed to borrow that money from parents as he had his own savings tied up at the bank. Likely hence he will go for the price money on top of Galibier this year. To return the debt to his parents. This is my assumption and not something taken from the article.

He got the nickname Rogla from his uncle. Who took him to races and rode a motorcycle in front at trainings.

One of the first wins was on a climb named Rogla.

Before he went with cycling he demolished one or two indoor cycling machines at a local fitness.

He entered the world of cycling at the age around 21/22 by sending e-mail(s) ...

Yes. Adria Mobil.

A few things from the article. Interestingly Rogla moved to Adria Mobil from Rog. The same club Pogi was a member of. But as the article says he was basically too old for Rog at that time and he was enlisted as a recreational cyclist at Rog. Still the likes of Hauptman and Polanc (father of Jan Polanc) played a role.

His first bike and apparel cost him around 5000 euros. He needed to borrow that money from parents as he had his own savings tied up at the bank. Likely hence he will go for the price money on top of Galibier this year. To return the debt to his parents. This is my assumption and not something taken from the article.

He got the nickname Rogla from his uncle. Who took him to races and rode a motorcycle in front at trainings.

One of the first wins was on a climb named Rogla.

Before he went with cycling he demolished one or two indoor cycling machines at a local fitness.

He entered the world of cycling at the age around 21/22 by sending e-mail(s) ...
Great, thanks!

It's fascinating hwo with Pogacar people look for any evidence that the race is over and with Rog people look for any evidence to prove he's washed and basically nearly dying.

Yep. This is #cyclinglife.

Rog was humiliated today, he's finished. He's lost the captaincy & even the two pronged attacks Jumbo had in mind should be scrapped. But not all is over for the team, because Rog can be that link Jumbo is missing between the rouleurs on the flat & climbers in the high mountains.

Once Van Hooydonck has done his pulling, Rog can do Dennis's job & take over, maybe even before Benoot & Kruijswijk put their noses in the wind.

He must learn quickly how to fetch bidons as well. #samendrinken

A good start from our hero as expected. Would have prefered dry conditions for the ITT and sucks that Pogi was 9s faster than him, but other than that, there's nothing to complain about. The form is there, the team is strong and most importantly no crashes...let's go!

Yeah, and I hope Laporte is well after his crash. He seems to be in top shape…

Yeah, and I hope Laporte is well after his crash. He seems to be in top shape…

It was foolish of Laporte to take any risks. Same with Kruijswijk (who I heard suffered a little crash himself). If there's one area where TJV absolutely must improve on last year, it's avoiding crashes. Whether big, small, inconsequential, it doesn't matter. No crashes. It should be drilled into their heads by now. In that respect, Roglic was evidently extremely cautious today. I thought he did great, all things considered.

Also, tomorrow will provide some insight as to whether going for green & stages with WvA is smart because when they hit that bridge, Jumbo are going to have two concerns: stage win with WvA & also protect the GC guys.

No pressure.

TRENDING THREADS