• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Everybody needs a little bit of Roglstomp in their lives

Page 292 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
For CyclistAbi to shut up about nonsense. I don’t think he’s 100% percent healthy. But that’s just my opinion that I’ve only repeated like once or twice. CyclistAbi keeps repeating it over and over with no evidence, which gets tiresome.

I see. Then you agree Rogla is not 100% healthy. That is good enough for me. As for asking other people to shut up.

In my experience that never really works. Let's be real.

There is more then enough evidence out there. That is if you are susceptible for it. If you are not than no amount will help. And lets just leave it at that.
You can't be susceptible for evidence. You can be suscpetible for hints for instance. Or consipracy theories... But once you want to "establish facts" then evidence that require suscpetance will not suffice... same goes for repeating the same thing over and over again.

Reactions: Jumbo Visma Fan :)
@bNator

But you do realize that what you wrote and claim in this debate is to be considered a conspiracy theory in real life. The way it works is there is an official explanation. And then they are people that doubt it. And this people that doubt it are usually called conspiracy theorists. I usually don't go there. To call a bunch of people a conspiracy theorists. I do draw the line at things like chemtrails and flat earth. I listen to arguments and work with that. If you look in history people were just wrong too many times to just assume any official theories are set in stone. They are usually not.

Hence a conspiracy theorist in this case would likely be somebody that doubts Roglič felt, got severely injured, struggled in pain, went to doctor to speed up the recovery and trained for about 14 day in sub optimal conditions to prepare for Vuelta. I don't feel i fit in that group? And i feel that that is the official explanation. Hence if you want to prove that wrong. You will need to conspire a bit. There is just no way around that. If you won't that is the explanation that will stand.

@Jumbo Visma Fan :)

For me that is enough. Some people fiercely defended the stance Rogla is 100% healthy. Now that we basically all agree, minus a person or two, that is likely not the case. Now i can give it a rest. I don't know on why are you holding that against me. For me persisting. This is how it should be done. Instead of lets say asking other people to shut up. And lets just have BS instead.

fDyo7dWeysFJ4Gaayz3Bmh-970-80.jpg.webp

Couple news about the state of Roglič and his injuries.

Zeeman said in an interview that Roglič still feels pain, but wanted to accept the challenge and race. He wasn't on high altitude preparations and he wasn't able to prepare for this race as he should. But, he's a man with special qualities, and they trust him a lot. He always managed to rise after a big problem and they believe he can do it again.

Zeeman said in an interview that Roglič still feels pain, but wanted to accept the challenge and race. He wasn't on high altitude preparations and he wasn't able to prepare for this race as he should. But, he's a man with special qualities, and they trust him a lot. He always managed to rise after a big problem and they believe he can do it again.
Lotta believin', trust and faith going on here. That's sounding more like a pre-exit strategy than an actual plan.

A bit worrying in my books, even if the vertebrae cracks are healed and it's the surrounding muscles that are sore still not sure if a 3 week GT is the way to go.

If it makes him worse in the long run the team will be to blame for letting him race.

If it's not as bad as they make out then that's of course a different story, it would be great to have another strong protagonist in the field.

This doesn't bode well. The race is already hard enough while being 100% healthy. If he already starts this way... I think at best it will be extremely close. At worst I don't see him finishing the race. Similar to how Bernal quitted in 2020.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan
good luck to Roglic, he's truly a warrior. I only hope he's in no obligation to carry on or forced himself to continue if his tour injury reappears during la Vuelta. as I mentioned few times, I rather see him taking a long break and return next year for Il Giro.
Forget the Giro. Him going to the Giro is essentially conceding his chances of ever winning the Tour. I mean as long as he believes he is in decent form (among top 5 GC contenders) I think he will go for it. Imagine him turning up at the Giro being in spectacular form in the last week. He was never even able to test his "coming a bit undercooked" strategy (assuming that may be what he had in mind this year). He could turn out very strong - and blowing his last chance of winning the Tour.

As for the team - why would they ever want to give up the two-pronged attack strategy that worked so beautifully this year?

I think he will go for the Tour. And if he goes for the Giro that means he is in bad shape and won't win it...

P.S. I’m fully aware that by next year, should he decide to go to Giro, I will have forgotten my stance and expect he wins it:)

Last edited:
Forget the Giro. Him going to the Giro is essentially conceding his chances of ever winning the Tour. I mean as long as he believes he is in decent form (among top 5 GC contenders) I think he will go for it. Imagine him turning up at the Giro being in spectacular form in the last week. He was never even able to test his "coming a bit undercooked" strategy (assuming that may be what he had in mind this year). He could turn out very strong - and blowing his last chance of winning the Tour.

As for the team - why would they ever want to give up the two-pronged attack strategy that worked so beautifully this year?

I think he will go for the Tour. And if he goes for the Giro that means he is in bad shape and won't win it...

P.S. I’m fully aware that by next year, should he decide to go to Giro, I will have forgotten my stance and expect he wins it:)

Agreed and as of right now, on paper, he's by far the 3rd best GC contender.
I would even venture to say that had he not got injured this year he could have finished 2nd ahead of Pogacar. As I think he would have benefitted of the strategy used during stage 11 and I doubt he would have been dropped by Pogi.

Agreed and as of right now, on paper, he's by far the 3rd best GC contender.
I would even venture to say that had he not got injured this year he could have finished 2nd ahead of Pogacar. As I think he would have benefitted of the strategy used during stage 11 and I doubt he would have been dropped by Pogi.
It's obvious if Roglic is fit the Telegraph attack works already he gaps Pogacar by 3 minutes with Van Aert waiting on the top of Galibier all the while Vingegaard just sits there repeating his Itzulia 2021 act of babystting Pog.

Reactions: Lorzenz08 and acm

TRENDING THREADS