• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Everybody needs a little bit of Roglstomp in their lives

Page 392 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I'm not saying he held a grudge ever since...

He also wasn't angry at Roglic, but at the motor in front of him. And Dumoulin tended to be angry quite often when he simply wasn't good enough.

I think Dumoulin was a good guy who simply didn't enjoy his job in the last few years of his career.

We know Roglič liked & respected him, i.e. on a spectrum between Bahrain & a no risk no glory suicide descent (basically that's Rogla's 1 to 10 personal gauge between his most hated & most loved things), Dumoulin was probably a solid 7.

No, it isn't. It's also being a sore loser.

Edit: I don't have any particular dislike for him, but for some reason it often had to be such a drama with him when he lost.

That entire final week in the 2020 TdF was surreal. You have to recognize the context, with lots of small details like the UCI destroying Rog's bike after the Col de la Loze stage & Merijn Zeeman getting expelled from the race. It was stressful for fans, teams & riders.

So when the unthinkable happened & an inexplicable performance destroyed everything right at the end... I'm not surprised they said some things.

So he's now a vlogger as well. I like it.

FszXs68X0AAyvEX

Don't understand what so good about the video it's just a guy packing a suitcase .

Rogla has a Sony flat screen TV. They're some of the best TV's available with excellent processors & the best motion handling on the market.

That’s what I thought as well. But is he allowed to do these kind of things and monetise on his own?

It's Primož Roglič, aka almost everything in his apartment is some sort of product, brand or something similar. The contrary would be unusual, no? i.e. living like a monk in a hovel with no branded possessions, nondescript rags as clothes & a pair of flip-flops on his feet.

Although he'd probably like the flip-flops.

The thing that impressed me the most is Roglič on his TT trainer after the stages at Catalunya. Another take was Kuss being the only one there. At least until Remco went. Team will improve a bit but it looks like QS might end up bringing a stronger team to Giro. A lot of pressure on Wilco i guess.

Anyway. Giro is a month away. Looking forward to it.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Just a guy throwing all the laundry in a suitcase and going to a bus (in a jogging suit). A real pro. I'm sure most cyclists are similar but imagine this guy strolling past your team bus in the morning and then the same guy kills you in the race in the afternoon. Why not, eh?
It's kinda interesting to see what a Monaco place looks like, it actually looks super normal, but then it's in Monaco where a top 5 cyclist is just an average inhabitant.

Reactions: Sandisfan
It's kinda interesting to see what a Monaco place looks like, it actually looks super normal, but then it's in Monaco where a top 5 cyclist is just an average inhabitant.
Yeah, but probably costs A LOT (for our "normal human" standards). Top 5 cyclist in the world can't stay there for long term. They don't make enough, that's for sure. Maybe top guns from much richer countries with huge marketing power. Roglič is not that (not even Pogačar, but he gets paid to be an alien).

• Wow
Reactions: noob
It looks like a tax haven to me...PhilGil has a bike shop in town, too...that said, it's probably a very small apartment. But factor in zero income taxes and good riding and it's a good deal. He can sell it once he is ready to retire.

• Sad
Reactions: noob and Sandisfan
It looks like a tax haven to me...PhilGil has a bike shop in town, too...that said, it's probably a very small apartment. But factor in zero income taxes and good riding and it's a good deal. He can sell it once he is ready to retire.
You're so right. Not paying your other EU country's income tax on a 7 figure wage pays for alot of real estate. It's also close to enough races to make everything deductible expenses. Sell it to the next Big Thing when you retire and move to New Zealand!

TRENDING THREADS