• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Exciting New Job Opportunities!

I know the economy is doing poorly in the U.S. and much of the rest of the world, so as a public service I thought I’d pass along these job positions that have opened up very recently. Maybe someone here can take advantage of one of these unusual opportunities. And if any of you know of other positions opening, perhaps you can post them here.

Job Title: Web site manager
Job Description: Responsible for researching and writing highly selective biographies of pro cyclists, up-dating them as new information becomes available; building a database of every court case or other legal problem encountered by every member of the US Postal cycling team from its inception until its dissolution, including but not limited to doping sanctions, court testimony, traffic tickets, recreational drug use, and relationships with fat, bitter wives
Skills Required: Minimum third grade English writing and comprehension proficiency; ability to seductively blend fact and fantasy; rigorous defense of a single, unwavering point of view in the face of growing and unrelenting evidence to the contrary

Job Title: Laboratory Chief
Job Description: Coordinate analysis of urine and blood samples from professional athletes for performance-enhancing substances; develop doping criteria based on a complex formula involving size and frequency of monetary donations to the laboratory; meet periodically with selected cyclists for general bargaining purposes
Skills Required: ability to sell a doping test negative at a premium price; ability to keep a secret; familiarity with the operation of paper shredders; long-term memory (optional)

Job Title: Cycling Union President
Job Description: Promote the cleanliness, purity, holiness and sanctity of professional bicycle racing; ensure that doping in the professional ranks is maintained at a constant publicly acknowledged level of less than 1%, and at a private level of 75-80%; cultivate mutually beneficial relationships with selected cyclists
Skills: ability to smooth over and ultimately erase conflicts of interest; facility for denying the obvious; detailed knowledge of everything certain cyclists have or have not put into their bodies during their entire lifetime; a rudimentary knowledge of the history of UCI’s collaboration with WADA (optional)

Job Title: Charity Staff Member
Job Description: Vigorously promote public awareness of a retired professional cyclist; publicize and disseminate simple tools and information that will inform individuals of the many options for contributing to the welfare of this cyclist; develop public strategies for raising the level of favorable opinion towards this cyclist; support limited research aimed at eradicating cancerous negative opinions of this cyclist
Skills required: familiarity with twitter and internet forums; ability to communicate highly charitable views of retired cyclist; knowledge of how to modify and delete blogs, articles, and news releases at a moment’s notice

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
Merckx Index

I have no idea what your post said, I only scanned it. I'm guessing it was intended to be humourous.

In the last week or so, the Clinic has gone all over the place, including 'the full genius', so satire has generally lost all meaning.

Aug 1, 2009
Visit site
I would like to recommend myself for cycling union president. Give me unlimited power, no responsability and a generous salary, and I shall quickly transform into a mad dictator. I am able to generate contradicting statements in a tempo that no sports jounalist can keep up with. My first initiative would be to replace the biological passport system with a giant wheel of fortune made of solid gold. This would be a more fair way of determining who should be banned from cycling, and save money as well. If you want to support my campaign please donate bottles of irish whiskey to the members of the comittee in my name.

TRENDING THREADS