• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Fabien Taillefer Arrested (Pops too)

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
I think this one speaks more to dysfunctional families and dirty dads than to French cycling.

If you raced as a junior, you'll always remember the dads who were just a bit too interested in seeing jr do well.

I remember one Chilean poppy back in the day who fit the bill.

Apr 9, 2009
Visit site
Interesting bit from the article:

-- "However, Lappartient admitted that there is “renewed problem of doping in amateur cycling”, with an 89% increase in the number of temporary “suspensions” due of abnormal results discovered in rider’s “longitudinal follow-up test” – the French equivalent of the UCI’s Biological Passport."

Presumably, those "abnormal results" are not announced as positives of any kind. It would be interesting to know what kind of numbers we're talking about.

Dec 18, 2009
Visit site
Moose McKnuckles said:
You sound like those geniuses who say "Hey it's snowing! It means global warming is a fraud!".

Next time you say "I thought" maybe you should actually mean it.

You need to pull your head out the sand.

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
BotanyBay said:
I think this one speaks more to dysfunctional families and dirty dads than to French cycling.

If you raced as a junior, you'll always remember the dads who were just a bit too interested in seeing jr do well.

I remember one Chilean poppy back in the day who fit the bill.

Not that different from Ricco's or Bernucci's families, apparently.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Fabien is an interesting case. The guy was talked about as this huge "Talent" The "Next Big Thing" in French cycling....but he could not get a ride in the big leagues. With his Palmares he should have been with a big Pro team 1-2 years ago but nobody would touch him......that should tell you something.

Jul 19, 2009
Visit site
Race Radio said:
Fabien is an interesting case. The guy was talked about as this huge "Talent" The "Next Big Thing" in French cycling....but he could not get a ride in the big leagues. With his Palmares he should have been with a big Pro team 1-2 years ago but nobody would touch him......that should tell you something.
Guimard took him for a year, maybe he was hoping to change him. Then he pulled him out. Most of the cyclists knew what was going on or at least were extremely suspicious.

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Race Radio said:

That's been the custom...if he can't win clean as a junior his value as a pro goes down. I wonder if his Bretton credentials mean that the French could still claim a relatively clean profile.

Says he wasn't doping anymore because he realised that while he was doping he could race clean. So - used to dope, sells dope but isn't doping anymore. I believe that.

I don't think anyone is stupid enough to think there is NO doping in French cycling.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
poupou said:
Guimard took him for a year, maybe he was hoping to change him. Then he pulled him out. Most of the cyclists knew what was going on or at least were extremely suspicious.
yeah, Andy S was w/ Cyrille, and Andy S was on it early. Like Ricco, like Sevilla.